• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tulane preview

So that's where the 17 point spread is coming from

Tulane is projected to be a bottom 10 team in the entire country this year. 17 still seems like a lot but we'll see. Wake, with games against Tulane and Army (who is slated to be even worse than Tulane and is also bottom 5-10 in the country), should be able to take care of business pretty easily in half the OOC. Add in Delaware and Wake should have a decent shot at a bowl.

Tulane is projected to be a bottom 10 team in the entire country this year. 17 still seems like a lot but we'll see. Wake, with games against Tulane and Army (who is slated to be even worse than Tulane and is also bottom 5-10 in the country), should be able to take care of business pretty easily in half the OOC. Add in Delaware and Wake should have a decent shot at a bowl.

You must not have been at West Point last year to witness the game. Yes we will be at home this year, but the only reason we won was a dropped pic6

Over the past 4 years WF is 11-33 against non-FCS teams, but 4-0 against Army. Yes, "WF" could lose to any team, but Army and Tulane are as close to easy wins as WF will ever have against FBS teams. The schedule is ridiculously favorable (the most favorable schedule in the last 20+ years) with WF a virtual certainty to go no worse than 3-1 in OOC games, and could/should go 4-0 (Indiana lost a ton of talent). Plus WF get Duke (who also had significant losses) and UVA (who is breaking in a new coach and system) from the other division. It would be literally impossible to play in the ACC and hand-pick an easier schedule and while playing only one FCS team, and also playing a Power V school in an OOC game.

This team has no excuses.

Last edited:
Add in Delaware and Wake should have a decent shot at a bowl.

Delaware is expected to finish in the bottom quarter of a 12 team CAA. There are FCS teams out there who could give Wake fits- this year's Hens aren't one of them.

Delaware is expected to finish in the bottom quarter of a 12 team CAA. There are FCS teams out there who could give Wake fits- this year's Hens aren't one of them.

The above is quite true. Delaware has a long history of being near the top of 1AA/FCS football for many years. The last few years the athletic department at U of D, and the whole administration has been a mess. The football team is in its worst shape in many years, far from the Joe Flacco led national championship runnerup team of eight seasons ago. Delaware didn't have much last year, and didn't add much to it. When the game was announced many years ago, I thought it would be a close game. Looking at the teams that will actually play it, not so much.

The above is quite true. Delaware has a long history of being near the top of 1AA/FCS football for many years. The last few years the athletic department at U of D, and the whole administration has been a mess. The football team is in its worst shape in many years, far from the Joe Flacco led national championship runnerup team of eight seasons ago. Delaware didn't have much last year, and didn't add much to it. When the game was announced many years ago, I thought it would be a close game. Looking at the teams that will actually play it, not so much.

The Delaware game actually concerned me a little, because I knew they had normally been one of the better FCS programs, wasn't aware they had fallen so far the last couple of seasons.

Not saying this will happen or that I even think it will happen, but every one of our first six games are winnable. (8 of the first 9 games are winnable in fact) :couch:

Last edited:
This is a great schedule for Clawson to show he was a great pick. If he can't get Wake to a bowl this year. we are not going anytime soon. I think DC will rise to the task and show everyone that he was a great pick

You must not have been at West Point last year to witness the game. Yes we will be at home this year, but the only reason we won was a dropped pic6

I was at the game. Army is worse this year than they were last year, Wake is better than they were last year, the game will be in Winston this season, and as mentioned by Pilchard: Wake is 4-0 against Army over the past four years.

I'll take Wake by double digits.

Well one thing is for damn certain. A loss to Tulane would be devestating. Essentially would put the nail in the coffin in our attempt to make a bowl.

(W) vs. Tulane
(L) at Duke
(W) vs. Delaware
(L) at Indiana
(L) at NC State
(W) vs. Syracuse (Family Weekend)
(L) at Florida State
(W) vs. Army West Point (Homecoming)
(W) vs. Virginia
(L) at Louisville
(L) vs. Clemson
(W) vs. Boston College

I see, most likely, six wins from this team. Perhaps we can steal one at Indiana or Moo-U. Both would be very, very nice.

(W) vs. Tulane
(L) at Duke
(W) vs. Delaware
(L) at Indiana
(L) at NC State
(L) at Florida State
(W) vs. Virginia
(L) at Louisville
(L) vs. Clemson
(W) vs. Boston College

I see, most likely, six wins from this team. Perhaps we can steal one at Indiana or Moo-U. Both would be very, very nice.

I agree with you're predictions.
Being the eternal optimist, I would love us to get some momentum and surprise somebody.

(W) vs. Tulane
(L) at Duke
(W) vs. Delaware
(L) at Indiana
(L) at NC State
(L) at Florida State

(W) vs. Virginia
(L) at Louisville
(L) vs. Clemson
(W) vs. Boston College

Imagine winning all home games and losing all road games. I think we will be 8-4 or 4-8

Let's punch Duke in the face right out of the gate. Build our season on that win.

Let's punch Duke in the face right out of the gate. Build our season on that win.

I think this game will be closer than expected. I do not see Sirk making it back for this game, so we will face their back up Boehme

Back