• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC Begs, er, responds to NCAA allegations

A fix for the Circus Clown Hillary and a fix will be in store for the Holes.

If they skate, then everyone will simply adopt their blue print for cheating. Brilliant move to challenge the NCAA.

So they get away with some of the most obvious and egregious cheating in NCAA history, and instead of just accepting the outcome and burying it, they're contesting it? WTF?

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com...a-middle-finger-to-the-ncaa-and-everyone-else

The state legislature ought to suspend their offending programs for a couple of years, especially football and basketball, in order to re-establish confidence in their academic program. If not, the faculty should strike and demand the suspension. You cannot allow the booster club to run the university and retain academic credibility.

Last edited:
On Mike and Mike, the person following this for ESPN said the problem with the NCAA penalizing the Cheats is the classes were taken by non athletes as well, which takes it out of the NCAA's jurisdiction. So, the moral of the story is create sham classes clearly meant to aid your athletes, but make sure non athletes can take them as well and your good I guess???

Last edited:
On Mike and Mike, the person following this for ESPN said the problem with the NCAA penalizing the Cheats is the classes were taken by non athletes as well, which takes out of the NCAA's jurisdiction. So, the moral of the story is come with sham classes clearly meant to aid your athletes, but make sure non athletes can take them as well and your good I guess???

Precisely.

On Mike and Mike, the person following this for ESPN said the problem with the NCAA penalizing the Cheats is the classes were taken by non athletes as well, which takes out of the NCAA's jurisdiction. So, the moral of the story is come with sham classes clearly meant to aid your athletes, but make sure non athletes can take them as well and your good I guess???
It's a morally awful argument, totally destroys any guise of ethics, and seems to violate the spirit of the rules (these classes were clearly created for athletes) but it technically seems to be true on its face. So long as all students had the opportunity to destroy any chance at actually learning, it's not special benefits to the athletes.

I guess there is a pretty strong counter argument that it was special benefits as only the athletic department knew about the classes at their inception, except for the few regular students that likely tried to take a real class only to unknowingly became the pawns that UNC is currently using in a desperate attempt to shirk responsibility.

Last edited:
I really wish that we could move a Swahili family over to the US and then pay for them to follow Tyler Hansborough around to constantly speak Swahili to him until he freaks out and spills the beans on all the sham stuff

I really wish that we could move a Swahili family over to the US and then pay for them to follow Tyler Hansborough around to constantly speak Swahili to him until he freaks out and spills the beans on all the sham stuff

Or even better... Get the tall African actor on "Meet the Blacks" and have him follow him around and say his catch phrase over and over... "You a bitch ass ******"

So does anybody know what the percentage of athletes v. non-athletes took these sham classes?

On Mike and Mike, the person following this for ESPN said the problem with the NCAA penalizing the Cheats is the classes were taken by non athletes as well, which takes it out of the NCAA's jurisdiction. So, the moral of the story is create sham classes clearly meant to aid your athletes, but make sure non athletes can take them as well and your good I guess???

But wasn't all the Penn State stuff outside of the NCAA's jurisdiction as well? And they had no problem dropping the hammer (rightly) on them.

So does anybody know what the percentage of athletes v. non-athletes took these sham classes?

PackPride has it all, as well ad Dan Kane. Just don't know the numbers off the top of my head. It's something like 50/50 but with the athletes making up less than 1% of the student population.

will they get to pork Mrs. Hansborough too?

even so, I don't understand how it isn't loss of institutional control. I don't understand why the athletic department should totally get off for not monitoring their athletes (if that's what they're claiming).

in fact, it seems like we've gone so far down the rabbit hole that people forget what all this is about. athletes took fake classes to artificially boost their gpa and then played sports. that's cheating. I'm kind of amazed it goes any deeper than that.

Back