• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Preseason Thread

If it was flag football and we were choosing up sides, and I take Hinton and you take Wolford, my team is going to beat your team 7 out of 10 times.

That's strange. If only the coaching staff had ways to measure the accuracy of this comment through practices and scrimmages where they alternative the quarterbacks into identical situations with identical personnel to determine how each one would do under similar conditions. Would be revolutionary, I'm sure.

I haven't seen any practices this fall but I'm of the mind that Wake fans have been pretty harsh on Wolford. I agree Hinton likely has a higher upside, but I like Wolford a lot and think he played relatively well when given time to throw over his first two years. Seems that most want Hinton as a starter though.

I don't see any rationale for demoting the upperclass QB for the 1st game of the season. Not if there is no real difference in performance to this point. However, it is perfectly reasonable that he would be on a short leash if he performs poorly in the first couple of series.

Agree with this. We will likely see 3 QB's play this year due to injury. Hinton will have time to show what he can do.

That's strange. If only the coaching staff had ways to measure the accuracy of this comment through practices and scrimmages where they alternative the quarterbacks into identical situations with identical personnel to determine how each one would do under similar conditions. Would be revolutionary, I'm sure.

Flag football is QB intensive. Really over emphasis the position.

We have talked about foot speed and arm strength, but which QB makes the best decisions? That's who I want.

Does anyone have the stats for the Quarterbacks in the scrimmages???

I posted this yesterday, but it's already gotten buried in this thread (this is for the 2 scrimmages combined)

Wolford – 62% completion percentage and 9 yards per completion.

Hinton – 66% completion percentage and 11 yards per completion (note that Hinton’s yards per completion is inflated by the long catch and run by Steven Claude last night. If you remove that play his average drops to 8 yards per completion).

I haven't seen any practices this fall but I'm of the mind that Wake fans have been pretty harsh on Wolford. I agree Hinton likely has a higher upside, but I like Wolford a lot and think he played relatively well when given time to throw over his first two years. Seems that most want Hinton as a starter though.

Especially given how banged up Wolford has been. If we can just keep him healthy -- yes, big if -- I'd like to see what he can do

Well, from the photos above, regardless of which QB starts for us at least our black jerseys and gold pants uni's with either the black or gold helmet are bad ass! :thumbsup:

It came out 2.5 months ago, but yeah Bills's previews are great.

I think, at least for me, it's less about Wolford's ability as a QB and more about being pragmatic with regards to our OL. I agree that when we give Wolford time, he's been fine and arguably better than Hinton. Unfortunately, the reality is we usually can't give him time.

It came out 2.5 months ago, but yeah Bills's previews are great.

haha. Whoops. They must update it relatively consistently as they had Zach Wary out of football but did not have the Haney transfer yet.

Wolford named starter, Hinton to get snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for that. They are both going to get a ton of snaps this year and I bet the 3rd string getd around 50 if not more as well. Our qbs simply do not hold up well for it not to happen. I think Hinton and Wolford are comparable Hinton may be a little more elusive and Wolford a little more protective of the ball. As long as the line gives them both time, we have some sort of ground game, and Hinton stops throwing balls up for grabs instead of out of bounds or taking the sack we will be alright.

Don't forget that Josh Harris had an absolutely monster game against VaTech his freshman year. A feat he never repeated. I'm not sure Hinton's FSU game isn't becoming the same kind of legend probably for similar reasons. However, I hope he plays often and if better than Wolford really shows it in a big way.

Josh Adams also had an amazing game against FSU his freshman year and was kind of meh.

Most consistent back since Barclay meh though

Back