• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Preseason Thread

Josh Adams also had an amazing game against FSU his freshman year and was kind of meh.

Yeah. It was sad to see people forget that when they claimed Harris was better than Adams after VT. It was an overrated performance.

Clawson's inability to shift his offensive game plan in order to mask our deficiencies is going to get his ass fired.

No need for that. They are both going to get a ton of snaps this year and I bet the 3rd string getd around 50 if not more as well. Our qbs simply do not hold up well for it not to happen. I think Hinton and Wolford are comparable Hinton may be a little more elusive and Wolford a little more protective of the ball. As long as the line gives them both time, we have some sort of ground game, and Hinton stops throwing balls up for grabs instead of out of bounds or taking the sack we will be alright.

Lol. That's a long response to a pic. Hinton gives us the best shot at a bowl imo

I'm sure Clawson evaluated the QB situation carefully, and that they're roughly even. In that case I can see him going with the upperclassman at the outset. But also consider that if Clawson went with Hinton from the start, Wolford might jump ship before school starts due to losing his position battle, and he didn't redshirt so he'd retain all his eligibility in a transfer. Needing both QBs this season it makes a lot of sense to hand the reins to Wolford with a quick trigger should he falter and then Hinton can come in with a supposedly better game. Just some depth dynamics to think about.

I'm sure Clawson evaluated the QB situation carefully, and that they're roughly even. In that case I can see him going with the upperclassman at the outset. But also consider that if Clawson went with Hinton from the start, Wolford might jump ship before school starts due to losing his position battle, and he didn't redshirt so he'd retain all his eligibility in a transfer. Needing both QBs this season it makes a lot of sense to hand the reins to Wolford with a quick trigger should he falter and then Hinton can come in with a supposedly better game. Just some depth dynamics to think about.

Agree with needing two qb's, but to name Wolford a starter so he doesn't transfer is a shitty thing to do. Especially if Hinton becomes and remains the starter after a few games.

We don't know that. And I still maintain that they're pretty even. All things equal...

I do think they are pretty equal. Istill want to see Hinton because of his elusiveness, especially if he has improved his accuracy.

Not sure why we have not come up for some misdirection plays for Hinton. Every defense plays the run when he is in the game. If he can burn them with the pass that is great, but I would love to see some throw back passes or reverses off Hinton running plays

Yeah. It was sad to see people forget that when they claimed Harris was better than Adams after VT. It was an overrated performance.[/QUOTg

I don't think it was an overrated performance, he made Tech's stout defense look slow. Unfortunately he never was ever able to live up to that performance. Kind of like Timmy Smith for the Redskins when they beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl. I think both were great performances, but didn't translate into consistent success.

From someone 15 hours away who reads and watches everything possible but can't actually get over to see a practice I hope someone can answer this or let me know if already discussed. What is going on with Kearns? He was the highest rated QB in program history and doesn't even get a look in this QB battle?

From someone 15 hours away who reads and watches everything possible but can't actually get over to see a practice I hope someone can answer this or let me know if already discussed. What is going on with Kearns? He was the highest rated QB in program history and doesn't even get a look in this QB battle?

pretty sure Wake was his only P5 offer.

I look as Kearns as part of the future and he will redshirt this year.

Wouldn't he be more afraid of Hinton transferring?

Back