• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone here work at IBM?

ITK

the desert dwarf
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting a question answered. Was wondering if someone works there.

Does scooter84 work at IBM? I seem to remember that from a laptop advice thread. Maybe it was Lenovo.

I am having trouble getting a question answered. Was wondering if someone works there.

Forwarded your question to a few IBM PM's I know. After discussing it for a few hours they decided it was a bit too specific. You owe them $7,400 and have 1 hour to provide less specifics or they'll consider the matter closed.

OK. Thanks.

At first I thought this was a ridiculous question, but based some quick math there may be a greater than 50% chance someone on the boards actually does work for IBM.

321,418,820 Americans (there are probably a few unAmerican posters, but not a ton)
62.2% between 18-65 (there are probably a few posters outside this range, but not a ton)
199,922,506 Americans between 18-65
IBM hasn't released labor statistics in a while, but last estimate was 431,000 worldwide, with roughly 1/4 in the US (107,750 US employees)
Odds of a single poster being an IBM employee are quite small (~0.05%)
There were 1,504 posters online last time I checked
Odds of all 1,504 posters not being IBM employees = 44%

Obviously not perfect math and there's a lot more variables to increase the accuracy, but for 5 minutes of research I was pretty surprised.

Good math. I doubt anybody thought that was a crazy question, particularly for a message board of fans and alums of an elite private university.

Good math. I doubt anybody thought that was a crazy question, particularly for a message board of fans and alums of an elite private university.

Yeah, adding variables like education and geography and sex, that probably goes up.

IBM was my first job out of Wake. Haven't worked there in over a decade though.

Back