• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reasons Americans Don't Vote

even the idea of a test is racist to you. its crazy

Do you understand what you're saying and are just proud of it or are you so ignorant of American history that you just don't know?

Do you understand what you're saying and are just proud of it or are you so ignorant of American history that you just don't know?

ph I know the history. we are not talking about a test from the past (SAT) etc. It was a hypothetical idea of using some sort of test moving forward. It will never happen it was just a conversation. You were quick to paint it racist and keep the conversation in your comfort zone.

Most people vote for who they like. You know, kind of like high school.

Who has time for or even cares about the actual issues?

Key is you get the morning off to go vote. My job is actually closed, so Election Day is like a holiday. Holidays are fun, not serious.

ph I know the history. we are not talking about a test from the past (SAT) etc. It was a hypothetical idea of using some sort of test moving forward. It will never happen it was just a conversation. You were quick to paint it racist and keep the conversation in your comfort zone.

I'm happy you went to google to try to catch upon your history but I don't know where you got the idea the SAT was used to determine who could vote.

Excuse me if I bristle at your desire to bring back a hallmark Jim Crow law.

Last edited:
My test would have simple but fair questions and would eliminate a much larger segment of white voters by pure numbers that any other group.

I'm happy you went to google to try to catch upon your history but I don't know where you got the idea the SAT was used to determine who could vote.

Excuse me if I bristle at your desire to bring back a hallmark Jim Crow law.

sigh - ok buddy. Bristle away.

My test would have simple but fair questions and would eliminate a much larger segment of white voters by pure numbers that any other group.

What are some example questions?

Name the three branches of government, who is in charge of the executive branch, how many us senators are there, match the following candidates A. Hillary Clinton, B. Donald Trump. C. Gary Johnson, D. Jill Stein with the following positions. 1. Is against the death penalty 2. The US should return to the gold standard 3. Wants more gun control 4. Does not want to fund planned parenthood. Etc.....

For someone crowing about history PH seems blissfully unaware that we were never set up to be a true democracy

Never said it was.

Back