• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stadium Experiences

Best college football atmospheres I've seen: Texas, LSU (Saturday night: LSU vs UK with Tim Couch), Georgia, Oregon, Tennessee, Michigan (vs Notre Dame), USC, Wisconsin, Notre Dame (vs Michigan), Sugar Bowl (Alabama vs Miami title game), Rose Bowl (Jan 1> UCLA home games), Washington, Navy, UVa, Air Force.

Worst: Temple, Northwestern, Duke, Illinois

I miss that guy. Some dudes in college bought an eight dollar couch from Goodwill and then used a Permanent Marker to log his game stats on the back of the couch, like an old school baseball card. Respect Tim the Couch. You are missed.

Been to a bunch of Gamecock and Florida home games (loudest I've ever heard BHG was the cock block in '06, but the final TD against UT last year was close), a few Panthers playoff games (the 31 point run against Seattle last year was nuts), and a BCS title game and NCAA final.

Definitely want to figure out how to get to more cfb stadiums

Switching sports because the OP alluded to it but Wrigley is unreal. Not a Cubs fan at all but the history (or lack thereof makes it its own history) and the fans are amazing. Wrigleyville is a great place.

I should have added to my disdain of BC facilities that Rutgers bball "coliseum" rivals their facilities in shittiness. I will also say since baseball has been brought up that I go to Fenway a decent amount, and while I love the history,etc it drastically takes away when a normal sized American male like myself can't fit in the fucking seats. Also I love Kauffman stadium and Royal fans.

Last edited:
Get the disdain for the bro culture in/around Wrigley and Fenway, but both are still pretty cool. Amenities/infrastructure seriously suck in both places. Fenway did have a sweet ass converted equipment shed post game bar, but they gentrified it and screwed it up. Comiskey Park and Tiger Stadium were both seriously underrated.

Wisconsin is great, although I was there for like an 11:30AM kick. I think UNC is really underrated. I've been to probably 20 FSU games, night kicks are great but I've been to some pretty quiet, lame day games. Vandy was awful but I think they have done renovations since i was in college. 'Cuse has cheap beers. The Tophat tavern has made the Clawson era a little better at Wake, I'll never forget them shutting down the bar at the end of the 3rd quarter of the VT game and still having like 2.5 hours of horrible football to watch.

Wrigley sucks and wrigleyville is the city's largest concentration of mouth-breathing dumbasses.

5199747-7616192155-hqg-6.gif

I have seen several Bama games at both UT & South Carolina over the years but a few years back when Stephen Garcia actually came to play ball for the Cocks, Spurrier's boys beat Saban 35-21 in Williams-Brice with Clowney & Lattimore and that may have been as loud as any stadium I have been to. Been to Michigan when we played in front of about 106,000 years ago with Mike Elkin and they don't hold a candle to stadiums in the south. The Big House is too wide open and sedate where southern stadiums seem to go straight up and the fans get all "juiced" all afternoon.

I heard that Williams-Brice upper deck moves a bit when it gets rockin' there, or it used to. Is this truth or legend?

Switching sports because the OP alluded to it but Wrigley is unreal. Not a Cubs fan at all but the history (or lack thereof makes it its own history) and the fans are amazing. Wrigleyville is a great place.

Prefer Fenway (old school) and San Fran (new)

One-third of Wrigley has obstructed views, there are vendors everywhere getting in the way, and the cultural makeup imported from Buffalo Wild Wings.

I like the old school feel of the bleacher seats.

I heard that Williams-Brice upper deck moves a bit when it gets rockin' there, or it used to. Is this truth or legend?

they SC had a bumper sticker made those years saying if it ain't swayin' we ain't playin'

saw them play Nebraska

Williams-Brice is a solid night game when they were good. In the Clowney era.

A buddy of mine received 2 tickets to the 2014 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa from his wife as a part of her wedding gift to him. Naturally, he took me to the game instead of his wife. We had to pick up the tickets at Will Call and figured we would be sitting in the nose bleeds since tickets to that game are so hard to come by. Turns out our seats were 3rd row behind Bama's bench on the 10 yard line next to the massive student section. Bama won 55-44 in a shootout where Auburn was in the game up until the last few drives. Never heard a stadium that loud and wild. Awesome experience hearing 100k fans sing Rammer Jammer.

RMFTR

One-third of Wrigley has obstructed views, there are vendors everywhere getting in the way, and the cultural makeup imported from Buffalo Wild Wings.

You sound like a white sox fan.

I am no real Cubs fan but have been 10or so times and sat all over the park. It is a terrific experience!

Back