• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stadium Experiences

You guys have it all wrong. Dan Syder really knows how to provide a gameday experience. Erebody else is second place aka first loser.

IMG_5190.jpg

CSVnOLPUAAAwNrY-386x500.jpg

Agreed. The Cocktail Party is really fun mostly for the party atmosphere outside the stadium. But being in Athens on a big gameday weekend combined with how impressive Sanford Stadium is for big games puts it over the top.

Agree with Sanford Stadium and Athens. Was there a couple of years ago for a great last minute finish game between The Cocks & the Dawgs and even with the oppressive heat and the Dawgs winning in the end, it rates right up there at the top. Fans before the game pulled us in for a great tailgate and the women had fans hooked up with a generator, so we knew that was bigtime [and pleased my wife], the food was great & beverages cold. I don't believe we ever sat except TO's and it seemed like every 3rd down got louder & louder as they meant so much and the bands were going non-stop for both teams.

I bought nose-bleed tickets for a Wake Forest game and ended up sitting right on the 50, about 5 rows up. Special.

Glanced through this whole thread, don't think I saw a single mention of pre-scandal Penn St. - I grew up in PA and hate PSU, but one of their nighttime white-out games always looked pretty crazy, from a pure noise perspective. Also would be curious if anyone has been to a night game at Oregon - I know it's a smaller stadium but apparently gets real loud as well.

Glanced through this whole thread, don't think I saw a single mention of pre-scandal Penn St. - I grew up in PA and hate PSU, but one of their nighttime white-out games always looked pretty crazy, from a pure noise perspective. Also would be curious if anyone has been to a night game at Oregon - I know it's a smaller stadium but apparently gets real loud as well.

Haven't been to a night game at Eugene, but day games are pretty cool. Too small to compare to SEC games, but Eugene is a hippie/granola/craft beer upgrade over the SEC towns. Bonus for Animal House film sites.

Do have a beer garden pre and halftime at the adjacent indoor practice facility. Bands and good beer. No personal experience with Clemson, but that's probably a better data point than the big SEC schools/stadiums. Probably crappy after mid-October unless rain's your thing.

Back