• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Plack going into WF HOF

Congrats to the HOF class, especially Barclay and Plack.

How many guys are gonna make it from 06-08?

I guess we have a black hole of candidates after that time so we can spend the next 10 years gradually inducting guys from that squad and 01-05 bball

Interesting that those two weren't part of the ACC Championship team but were part of some teams that helped to build that foundation. Chris Barclay was a lot of fun to watch.

How many guys are gonna make it from 06-08?

I guess we have a black hole of candidates after that time so we can spend the next 10 years gradually inducting guys from that squad and 01-05 bball

I would think that Camp and Kevin Johnson have good shots at the WF HOF (after the fresh Deacs group).

There are certainly guys -- just not many of them.

And I'm not 100% sure his on-field accomplishments at Wake are enough for KJ to be a HOFer, though defensive players are harder to quantify. I can see the argument

Yeh I'm down with Nikita. He and Camp would be my recent past guys

How about KJ and Givens?

Givens has a case, woulda been a lock if he stayed all 4 as he likely would be our all-time leading receiver. Not sure how we treat a guy who leaves early.

Not that I really care that much who goes into our HOF. I'm bored, it's August

Last edited:
No way on Givens. Don't think he graduated. Will be interesting on Abbate for the same reasons. Not sure of the criteria but think that is part of it. Fun to think of who would make it in the 06-08 range. Off the top of my head: Skinner, Swank, Vallos, Justice, Curry, A. Smith, Kenny Moore all seem to be automatics. Stanley Arnoux, Chip Vaughn, John Russell all would deserve consideration.

Interesting that those two weren't part of the ACC Championship team but were part of some teams that helped to build that foundation. Chris Barclay was a lot of fun to watch.

I'm glad that Barclay made it. I think that he is underappreciated by the fanbase. He is one of only 4 Wake players to be named ACC Player of the Year.

I hope he's not underappreciated. He's our best offensive player in the last 25 or so years and it's not even close.

You can help your case by having a solid/great pro career. KJ will likely be the best NFL player that WF has produced in a while. Agree that Givens is unlikely.

The crazy thing about Barclay is that he was going to redshirt, but the starting RB (can't remember his name) broke his foot jumping off his bed in training camp. Barclay had a dominating game at Purdue as a true frosh and the rest was history.

I'm glad that Barclay made it. I think that he is underappreciated by the fanbase. He is one of only 4 Wake players to be named ACC Player of the Year.

Me too, it was getting to the point of being overdue.

You can help your case by having a solid/great pro career. KJ will likely be the best NFL player that WF has produced in a while. Agree that Givens is unlikely.

The crazy thing about Barclay is that he was going to redshirt, but the starting RB (can't remember his name) broke his foot jumping off his bed in training camp. Barclay had a dominating game at Purdue as a true frosh and the rest was history.

Terance Williams. He was our 2nd best RB over the last 25 or so years.

If Givens had shown up in the Music City Bowl he'd be a shoo-in.

Back