• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccinating

If everyone is vaccinated except the non-vaxxers, won't they just eliminate themselves with disease?
Seems like a Darwin moment, but I could be missing something.

If the vaccination rate drops low enough then you will lose herd immunity.

I will never cease to be surprised that Rand Paul convinced libertarians that he was one of them.

Not really saving anybody's ass, the emergency was a stupid political move and Donald isn't going to do anything with it. Just using it to convince his dumb base he's doing something even though he isn't.

If everyone is vaccinated except the non-vaxxers, won't they just eliminate themselves with disease?

There are lots of people that can’t be vaccinated for various reasons, most commonly infants who are too young for the vaccines. They rely on herd immunity for protection.

That dude is saving your ass by being the tie breaking vote against trumps wall funding.

1) No
2) His vote has nothing to do with his bullshit positions and total capitulation to a president that is anything but libertarian.

True libertarians, of which I guess only junebug would be close on this board, fucking hate the President. This guy fellates him at every opportunity.

The problem is parents are making the decision for their children, not the kids fault his parents are dumb as bucks. We need legislation to hold their parents responsible for the abuse they are putting on their kids.

this is correct. misinformed parents are making these choices for the livelihood of their children and are in fact putting them in danger.

No. A certain percentage of vaccinations are ineffective, which is why herd immunity is so important.

Furthermore, there are a ton of people that aren't able to be vaccinated (newborns, those with autoimmune diseases, those suffering from certain types of cancer) that depend on herd immunity as well.

Edited to add: Whoops. Tilt beat me to it.

it's like being a "libertarian" in the US. you get to act like a total asshole all the time but benefit from the stability that sane people provide for you

Theres so much more than the common presented aspects in regards to societal immunity. Besides the elderly, immunocompromised and the young there are those that have been vaccinated and it has waned over the years, so even as a good citizen you get fucked because a transmission pathway is established. Throw in vaccine asymptomatic carriers and you end up with a complete collapse in protective immunity at a population level.

Theres so much more than the common presented aspects in regards to societal immunity. Besides the elderly, immunocompromised and the young there are those that have been vaccinated and it has waned over the years, so even as a good citizen you get fucked because a transmission pathway is established. Throw in vaccine asymptomatic carriers and you end up with a complete collapse in protective immunity at a population level.

I've always wanted to know what America experienced during the Spanish flu epidemic.

Seems to be a big forgotten blip in history most likely overshadowed by WW1 at the time and WW2 shortly after despite killing 25 million people. I’d recommend America’s Forgotten Pandemic: The influenza of 1918 if you like history as it’s pretty heavy on the history and more American centric than a lot of books on the subject. Also in that realm if you are interested is House on Fire: The Fight to Eradicate Smallpox, a good look into what a global public health effort looks like, the challenges, and lessons learned still being applied today.

Seems to be a big forgotten blip in history most likely overshadowed by WW1 at the time and WW2 shortly after despite killing 25 million people. I’d recommend America’s Forgotten Pandemic: The influenza of 1918 if you like history as it’s pretty heavy on the history and more American centric than a lot of books on the subject. Also in that realm if you are interested is House on Fire: The Fight to Eradicate Smallpox, a good look into what a global public health effort looks like, the challenges, and lessons learned still being applied today.

Is there a contrasting book, written by a Playboy model, that we should read instead?

I did not get a flu shot this year and did not get the flu.

I did get my dogs shots recently though.

They will take out a number of people that are un-vaxable, e.g. auto immune diseases, along with them. Further, they will place a significant burden on public health resources in the process of "eliminating them selves."

Edit: Sorry for redundancy

Last edited:
Unvaccinated Boy, 6, Spent 57 Days In The Hospital With Tetanus

..."These days, there are so many different places parents can go to for vaccine-related education and advice that many families struggle with knowing who to believe."

The Internet and social media have made it harder for people to distinguish fact from fiction, she says.

..."As a parent myself, I understand that parents are trying to make the best decision for their child," Guzman-Cottrill says.

"This illness could have been prevented with five doses of the tetanus vaccine, for $150," she adds. Instead, the ordeal cost $811,929.

Back