• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaccinating

Goddamn. As a high school English teacher, no one has ever been more correct than you two are now. Full disclosure though, my daughter's middle name is Prynne. Cause it sounds badass as all get out.

Come on...It's OK to admit you wanted to name her after John Prine and had to compromise...

Goddamn. As a high school English teacher, no one has ever been more correct than you two are now. Full disclosure though, my daughter's middle name is Prynne. Cause it sounds badass as all get out.
Def a Badass name. Did you ever see that Liam Neeson movie "The Commuter"? Has a central character named "Prynne".

Just chuck those books and teach 'em some fucking Chaucer or Nabokov or Augustine. Yeah, that'll teach them.

Def a Badass name. Did you ever see that Liam Neeson movie "The Commuter"? Has a central character named "Prynne".

Just chuck those books and teach 'em some fucking Chaucer or Nabokov or Augustine. Yeah, that'll teach them.

Or give them some Dostoyevsky and watch their minds crumble

So what I am hearing is that the government does have the right to tell people what to do with their body.

So what I am hearing is that the government does have the right to tell people what to do with their body.

When it's a public health issue not an individual one, this is about the health of the public.

When it's a public health issue not an individual one, this is about the health of the public.

We all experience God’s wrath over legal abortion! Hurricane Katrina looked exactly like a fetus from space!

We all experience God’s wrath over legal abortion! Hurricane Katrina looked exactly like a fetus from space!

But the only part of NOLA that was virtually spared during Katrina was the French Quarter where sex, drugs and rock and roll happen.

I’m fine with people that want to have measles getting measles as long as we make the spread of the same strain from these people to others that don’t want the measles punishable by law or civil court. With genomic sequencing the ability to trace backwards is doable.

No. The government is just saying you can’t go to one of its schools if you choose not to do so. You’re free to make that choice.

Meet the New York couple donating millions to the anti-vax movement

Lisa Selz serves as the group’s president, but its public face and chief executive is Del Bigtree, a former daytime television show producer who draws big crowds to public events. Bigtree has no medical credentials but holds himself out as an expert on vaccine safety and promotes the idea that government officials have colluded with the pharmaceutical industry to cover up grievous harms from the drugs. In recent weeks, Bigtree has headlined forums in ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in Brooklyn and Rockland County, N.Y., both areas confronting large measles outbreaks.

“They should be allowed to have the measles if they want the measles,” Bigtree told reporters outside the Brooklyn meeting on June 4. “It’s crazy that there’s this level of intensity around a trivial childhood illness.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...fd89bd36d4e_story.html?utm_term=.12c785e37a35

[h=3]Anti-vaccine activist throws menstrual cup at California lawmakers, prompting evacuation[/h]https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article235084637.html

An anti-vaccine activist who traveled to the Capitol to protest on the final day of the legislative year threw an unknown red substance on the desks of Senate lawmakers on Friday afternoon, prompting a quick recess and an immediate evacuation of the chambers.
The protesters were watching the Senate from the upstairs balcony, according to lawmakers, when a woman hurled a red liquid that landed on senators’ desks, yelling “that’s for the dead babies.”
“A few minutes ago, the anti-vaxxer stalkers – who’ve engaged in a harassment campaign all week – dropped a red substance onto the Senate floor from the elevated public gallery, dousing several of my colleagues,” state Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco, wrote on Twitter. “These anti-vaxxers are engaging in criminal behavior. They’ve now repeatedly assaulted senators and are engaging in harassing and intimidating behavior every single day, as we try to do the people’s work. They’re a cancer on the body politic and are attacking democracy.”
Sen. Steve Glazer, D-Orinda, posted a photo of what appeared to be a bloody menstrual cup on the floor of the state Senate. He said he and five other senators were hit by the liquid.

Back