• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Read today that after the Ken Starr report, 115 newspapers called on Bill Clinton to resign. So far, not a single newspaper to my knowledge has called for Trump to quit. That liberal news media is really sneaky! Maybe Fox, being so fair and balanced, will lead the way. <snort>

The Mueller Report was far more damning than the Starr Report. Media hold Democrats to a higher standard than they hold Republicans.

Don't you see, they were trying to help the whistleblower!

How incredibly irresponsible.

They will let any White House staffer not only speak on background but basically feed lies to the press utterly anonymously but they have a responsibility to seek the truth about this whistleblower. Absurd. Call it the horseshoe theory if you want but it is sad to see this happen to the Gray Lady, Trump is at least partially right about that.

I don't watch the Sunday morning talk shows as regularly as I used to, but given the events of the past week I thought I'd give it a shot. It was a depressing experience. On ABC's This Week, Chris Christie dominated the roundtable discussion with clear talking points, such as that the House Dems were going to lose "Middle America" by moving too fast, thus making it look as if they were railroading poor Donald Trump, and he defended Rudy's insane performances (including another one earlier on the show) and criticized Adam Schiff. The panel Democrat was Rahm Emmanuel, whose fecklessness makes him the perfect symbol of centrist Democrats (a few weeks ago on the roundtable discussion he attacked Medicare-for-All as harshly as any Republican, said it was unrealistic, and that it could cost the Democrats the election next year. Christie effusively praised him.) Today Emmanuel mainly just smiled weakly and let Christie do most of the talking, made some weak points in response to Christie's arguments (which Christie quickly rebutted), and made a few weak jokes trying to get Christie to laugh.

On Meet the Press, Hugh Hewitt dominated the discussion, saying that "Middle America" was tired of constant investigations of Trump and this would backfire, then basically said that Trump didn't do anything impeachable, and dragged Biden's son into the discussion, saying that this would probably kill Biden's presidential bid. Hewitt also said that Schiff had "destroyed his credibility" (has he listened to Rudy recently?) and also complained that the impeachment proceedings were going too fast (anyone who thinks that Republicans like Christie and Hewitt on these shows aren't getting similar talking points from somewhere is very naive.) Incredibly, Chuck Todd turned to historian (and confirmed plagiarist, btw) Doris Kearns Goodwin and asked if it was time for Joe Biden to make a Nixon-style Checkers speech. Hewitt smiled smugly, while Kearns seemed surprised at the question and didn't really know what to say in response. Anyone who thinks that the mainstream media is liberal should watch the roundtable discussions on these shows and see who dominates the discussions most of the time. It's not liberals, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Hewitt is the living embodiment of hypocrisy and weakness. During the campaign, Hewitt was firmly anyone but Trump. Since the election, he has been a Lindsey Graham level of toady. Like Trump, Hewitt has no moral compass.

Googled "Hugh Hewitt Benghazi."

I dunno, this guy seems like a bit of a hypocrite.

There are few people on this planet I despise more than Chuck Todd and his shitty little goatee. What a useless turd.

There are few people on this planet I despise more than Chuck Todd and his shitty little goatee. What a useless turd.

I always have the uncomfortable feeling that if Trump ever did declare martial law and try to turn every news media network into state propaganda, like OAN and Fox basically already are, that guys like Todd and Stephanopoulos would quickly move to fit right in with the new world order, and would easily become trumpshills in record time.

I don't watch the Sunday morning talk shows as regularly as I used to, but given the events of the past week I thought I'd give it a shot. It was a depressing experience. On ABC's This Week, Chris Christie dominated the roundtable discussion with clear talking points, such as that the House Dems were going to lose "Middle America" by moving too fast, thus making it look as if they were railroading poor Donald Trump, and he defended Rudy's insane performances (including another one earlier on the show) and criticized Adam Schiff.

Did they, by any chance, ask Christie about this:

Maybe Chuck Todd’s beard grants him integrity and balls like Samson’s hair granted him strength.

Back