• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

It looks like the Republican plan is to claim that the Trump administration had a Ukrainian double agent in its ranks who was listening in on the phone call and somehow that's owning the libs.
https://www.vox.com/2019/10/29/20937937/trump-vindman-ukraine-ingraham-yoo-disloyalty-impeachment

And yet large numbers of vets and active duty service members will continue to support Trump. All this for a guy who dodged the draft during Vietnam with fake bone spurs doctor's notes, attacked Gold Star families during his campaign, repeatedly insulted John McCain - an actual war hero - and who as POTUS has made disparaging remarks about almost any retired or active General or Admiral or lower-ranking officer who has publicly criticized him. Hatred of liberals knows no bounds, I guess.

You don’t report points of view. You report facts.

Attempting some reasonable balance wrt editorial angles need not include representation of patently dishonest and deplorable fantasy. In other words, Trumpublicans. At this point, Trump and his Republican enablers are well beyond the point where they deserve respect or the benefit of the doubt. They have earned this by endless lying and overriding self interest.

OTOH, many of their deceived followers/voters are significantly misled and may warrant yet efforts to appeal to the better parts of their nature. Unfortunately, remaining Trumpublicans may be largely suffering from a type of “conservative” media facilitated Stockholm syndrome.

A responsible news organization would not facilitate or tolerate crass efforts at deception.

We talk about this boss move yet?

We talk about this boss move yet?

giphy.gif

I love their responses to the reporter's questions. It basically boils down to "well, yeah, Trump's an asshole and a liar and he probably did something wrong, but I don't really care as long as the economy is good. And almost nobody I know is talking or caring about this impeachment stuff anyway. Besides, this entire impeachment is nothing but a political hit by Democrats, and it's a big nothingburger. Just a partisan clown show by both sides. But I think Republican principles are best for the country, so I'm gonna stick with Trump next year. I'm uncomfortable with some of the stuff he says and tweets, but the economy is just so darn good!" There were a few dissenting voices and concerns, but that was the gist of it.

ETA: It fits that MTP would do a Republican voter-only discussion. It seems as if the Democratic base just doesn't count, and the media doesn't care what they think. "You're a Democrat and live in a large city? Sorry, we don't care about your views on anything. You voted for Trump and live in Smallville, USA and eat in the same country diner every morning? Well, when can we come out to talk with you?"

Last edited:
The jobs of the participants was something, since the usual media spin is "blue collar workers in diners." I thought I might be falling for a parody when they got to "Private Equity Analyst."

A lot of what those Trump voters say there is true, or in som3 instances reflects the truth about Republicans.

Only it’s mostly only part of the important truth/facts.

This impeachment is primarily partisan due to Republican leadership being deceitful power-grubbing and power-mongering pussies and traitors to their oaths to protect and defend the constitution. So much so they refuse a golden opportunity to get rid of the most dishonest and dangerous potus in history. Or at least in my lifetime.

Yeah, they left that out.

news is a business - what would be interesting about hearing 6 democrats talk about impeachment?

Back