• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Never cared much for Matthews. Although I certainly agreed with his politics more than a Hannity or O'Reilly, he was just as much of a blowhard, and like the Fox primetime lineup his show was always more about him yelling or interrupting with his opinions rather than his guests or their views. No great loss, although I'm sure that MSNBC will replace him with another blowhard egotistical entertainer rather than any kind of serious journalist.

Last edited:
Uhhh, there might be a litte more to this than Matthews just getting old.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris...bc-after-accusations-of-sexism-and-harassment

In an article for GQ, published Friday, freelance political columnist Laura Bassett wrote that when she appeared as a guest on Matthews’ show, he repeatedly made inappropriate remarks about her appearance while off-camera. In one instance, she recounted, Matthews asked, “Why haven’t I fallen in love with you yet?” and urged the makeup artist to “Keep putting makeup on her, I’ll fall in love with her.”

Last edited:
There have been rumors and stories for awhile about Matthews hitting on women or making inappropriate comments, including some while on the air. There was a video fairly recently that spliced together Hardball clips of him making odd compliments about the appearance of female guests over the years. I included one clip below. Combined with his comparison of Bernie winning Nevada to Nazi Germany conquering France and some other recent gaffes, my guess is that following Bassett's article MSNBC "encouraged" him to hang it up.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBDOLdU-Ug

Last edited:
Been said before but can't wait for the discovery to begin.

The Sunday morning talk shows should actually be interesting tomorrow morning. It has been a terrible week for Trump in many different areas, so I'm wondering how the usual suspects on their roundtable discussions are going to defend Dear Leader this time. I'm sure they'll have something ready, but the spin should be interesting to watch for a change.

They will completely ignore everything other than the last day or so. "He's so presidential..."
We know the pivot always comes and everything before never happened for these people.

That’s really good. I like that he included Mother Jones, Daily Kos, and Democracy Now. Our “liberal media” isn’t even close to far left as run of the mill conservative media is far right.

you'd think someone at the white house or fox would take a look at the poll numbers and not just die on the unpopular position of going out and getting a deadly infectious disease.

You miss the last few years. The republican party needs the 10-15% of utter crazy, Qanon, Incel, conspiracy, racists, misogynistic, deplorable type dipshits to get elected. Trump allows these people to come out of the shadows and be a majority voice despite their limited appeal and support. Since the Republican party ceases to win anything without their support, their positions become the Republican position. Just wait, Fox news, OAN, and others just need to massage the message a little bit and that poll with be 60/40 soon enough.

You miss the last few years. The republican party needs the 10-15% of utter crazy, Qanon, Incel, conspiracy, racists, misogynistic, deplorable type dipshits to get elected. Trump allows these people to come out of the shadows and be a majority voice despite their limited appeal and support. Since the Republican party ceases to win anything without their support, their positions become the Republican position. Just wait, Fox news, OAN, and others just need to massage the message a little bit and that poll with be 60/40 soon enough.

I think you're overestimating anyone's ability to spin a painful month period of labored breathing, amputation and/or death

Back