Page 15 of 135 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 2691

Thread: Role of the Media

  1. #281
    I wasn't offended so no need for an apology. I appreciate the thought though.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by tintinisahottie View Post
    You said this one post after you posted something really sensitive about an insult you received on the internet yesterday (a pretty biting one, admittedly, but still)
    It's interesting that you looked at the whole exchange and found me to be the sensitive one. It seems catamount was the one who took political shit talking a little too personally and got upset. I believe I took the whole exchange in stride, besides pointing out his hypocrisy in using wealth as some type of license to insult. No matter. I've volunteered a lot of personal data on this board, I knew that some people would use that information to insult me. I wouldn't talk as much shit on here as I do if I wasn't able to take it.

    Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
    Draxx them sklounst

  3. #283
    The NY Times should have let their readers know they gave Hillary veto power over the article.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ary-interview/

  4. #284
    LOL! You know all those phone interviews she does?
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4274

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    This thread is the most hopeless example of people who think they are smart being "objectively" dumb.*

    *and I'm saying this as a person who agrees with Trump's "Obama founded ISIS" statement in the way it was delivered.
    Oh, so we shouldn't bother with your opinion on these topics then, as they are not to be taken seriously?

    That's what I got from your statement above.
    Mother So Dear '12

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    This thread is the most hopeless example of people who think they are smart being "objectively" dumb.*

    *and I'm saying this as a person who agrees with Trump's "Obama founded ISIS" statement in the way it was delivered.
    Transcript for reference:

    HH: I’ve got two more questions. Last night, you said the President was the founder of ISIS. I know what you meant. You meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.
    DT: No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.
    HH: But he’s not sympathetic to them. He hates them. He’s trying to kill them.
    DT: I don’t care. He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?
    HH: Well, that, you know, I have a saying, Donald Trump, the mnemonic device I use is Every Liberal Really Seems So, So Sad. E is for Egypt, L is for Libya, S is for Syria, R is for Russia reset. They screwed everything up. You don’t get any argument from me. But by using the term founder, they’re hitting with you on this again. Mistake?
    DT: No, it’s no mistake. Everyone’s liking it. I think they’re liking it. I give him the most valuable player award. And I give it to him, and I give it to, I gave the co-founder to Hillary. I don’t know if you heard that.
    HH: I did. I did. I played it.
    DT: I gave her the co-founder.
    HH: I know what you’re arguing…
    DT: You’re not, and let me ask you, do you not like that?
    HH: I don’t. I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn’t create ISIS. That’s what I would say.
    DT: Well, I disagree.
    HH: All right, that’s okay.
    DT: I mean, with his bad policies, that’s why ISIS came about.
    HH: That’s…
    DT: If he would have done things properly, you wouldn’t have had ISIS.
    HH: That’s true.
    DT: Therefore, he was the founder of ISIS.
    HH: And that’s, I’d just use different language to communicate it, but let me close with this, because I know I’m keeping you long, and Hope’s going to kill me.
    DT: But they wouldn’t talk about your language, and they do talk about my language, right?
    Mother So Dear '12

  7. #287
    Knight, you believe that the way we left Iraq formed ISIS? As in, THE causal factor or as in a contributing causal factor?

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Are you capable of taking them seriously? The last 15 pages indicate that isn't the case.
    Which topics am I not taking seriously? The point of the thread was to ask when the media should call an authoritarian-type candidate out on his bullshit?

    If somebody isn't fit to be President of the United States in any possible qualification that you can have other than simply being over the age of 35, then at what point should the media not play along into his delusions of grandeur and make sure the viewing audience knows that is that case?
    Mother So Dear '12

  9. #289
    That transcript is great.

    It's like Hewitt is saying "yes, let's check each step of the math. One plus one plus one."

    Trump: "yes of course, one plus one plus one."

    Hewitt: "Okay, and then one more."

    Trump: "Yes, one plus one plus one plus one."

    Hewitt: "Yes! And so that's four."

    Trump: "It's seven Hugh"

    Hewitt's head explodes

  10. #290
    Watch the fuck out! Twin tag team!

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    Watch the fuck out! Twin tag team!
    Hey, I think Knight leaving shows it's quite effective. Don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat, amirite?
    Mother So Dear '12

  12. #292
    I'm legitimately interested to hear about how Obama "founded" ISIS, in the context of how Trump introduced it (which was "literally" as Trump repeatedly doubled down on).

    Dunno how solid an argument you have for defending someone's statement "as originally intended" when that person comes out later and says "no I literally meant what I said."

  13. #293
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,906
    looking for tips on how to found your own extremist groups? sad !

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacsfan27 View Post
    Hey, I think Knight leaving shows it's quite effective. Don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat, amirite?
    That twin strength. Remind me to steer clear of you two.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    That twin strength. Remind me to steer clear of you two.
    It's basically the internet equivalent of old man strength.
    Mother So Dear '12

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    looking for tips on how to found your own extremist groups? sad !
    Trump founded "Numbers extremist group" because the vacuum he left when he destroyed the Republican party allowed Numbers to gain a foothold and rise to power on a populist agenda.

    #AllHailNumbers

    ETA: Oh and of course, Obama founded this too because he allowed Trump to rise to power, in the Republican Party primary, because he has that much power.

  17. #297
    I agree that the situation in Syria is complicated. Saw a few tweets on the topic after the debate on Sunday which said that neither candidate has a good answer for what to do, but that it's a nearly impossible question to tackle because there objectively may not be a "good" answer at all. Now, I don't think that this means that we don't have a clear idea of what is going on over there. Despite the geographical distances it's not like we haven't had a presence in the region for the better part of the last 50 years. Similarly, we have some of the most advanced cables set up in the world and have access to intel from Israel who assuredly is well aware of almost everything going on in the area (to the extent that America doesn't have the full picture I suppose).

    All that aside though, I'm still troubled by what distinction you're attempting to make between "what Trump REALLY meant" and what Trump said he meant ("literally"). It was clearly a rhetorical device to say that "Obama founded ISIS" no real qualm there and I think most reasonable people would agree. The issue is he doubles down time and time again on these rhetorical devices. Obviously that plays differently to different groups as is seen by the different reactions we both have. You think that his simplifying things into an easily digestible one-liner where he can rattle off a smile afterwards is masterful and shows Trump has a grasp on the issues. I find the opposite to be true: he gives one-liners because he can't be bothered with the minutiae of policy and knows just enough about situations to give an answer that sounds like he's aware of the situation. I've said it before (and I've read it plenty of places) but Trump truly is the third grader who gets called on to do a book report on a book he didn't read and then gets up to say "Huck Finn was a great, great character. He went on lots of adventures as you can see here from the cover where he's on a raft going down the river. He's just a great, great guy. So great. Also Twain is great, this was a great book about Huck Finn."

  18. #298
    WIKILEAKS EXPOSES that CNN is Really Hillary’s SuperPac
    http://truthfeed.com/wikileaks-expos...perpac/28982/?
    Wikileaks has busted the Clinton campaign bragging about their cozy “courtship” with CNN. CNN’s explicit bias has been more than obvious to any viewer and this just solidifies what most of us already know – that CNN essentially acts as Hillary’s SuperPac. Hillary press secretary Nick Merrill went so far as to compare his relationship with CNN Politics producer Dan Merica as the two of them “courting each other.”

    The FreeBeacon Reports

    The Hillary Clinton campaign bragged “every single interviewer was for her” during a visit to Michigan during the Democratic primary season, according to recently released hacked emails.

    Notes from campaign events sent by Nick Merrill, Clinton’s traveling press secretary, revealed a cozy relationship with the media, a recurring theme in the document dump of campaign chairman John Podesta’s emails.

    Emails have shown CNBC anchor John Harwood offering advice to the Clinton campaign and bragging about how he questioned Donald Trump as a debate moderator. The New York Times also gave veto power to the campaign over what Hillary Clinton quotes could be used in a profile.

    Merrill’s notes from a series of Hillary Clinton’s events at “very hip coffee shops” in Michigan on March 8 reveal similar dealings with members of the local press.

    “[Six] radio interviews and [two] coffee shops this morning,” Merrill wrote. “Interviews were all live or taped Detroit stations with the exception of one we did into Flint. Quick hits, mostly centered around getting out to vote.”

    “Flint came up in every one, and then education, and [Affordable Care Act] ACA,” he said. “No flags. Every single interviewer was for her.”

    Merrill said the “highlight of the morning” was an awkward joke made by Clinton.

    “One of the hosts, whose stage name is ‘Foolish’ asked a question, to which HRC replied ‘Well, Foolish, that is far from a foolish question,’” Merrill said. “Awkward chuckles all around.”

    The email exchange was among the third batch of Podesta’s emails posted by Wikileaks. The director of national intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security have accused “Russia’s senior-most officials” of hacking and leaking emails posted to Wikileaks and other sites in order to influence the 2016 election.

    The email thread also revealed a friendly relationship between CNN Politics Producer Dan Merica and Clinton. Merrill described the two as “basically courting each other at this point.”

    Merrill recounted an event held on Feb. 26: “Dan Merica asked her if she was jealous that she didn’t get Christie’s endorsement, to which she responded with a prolonged smile (you could see the gears turning), and then said ‘Dan, I really like you. I really really like you.’ They are basically courting each other at this point.”

  19. #299
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    The Republican Party is terrified that Trump's lying, ignorance, bigotry, racism and misogyny will destroy their party. They are afraid of the long-term damage he is doing to their brand. As I've shown several times before, Hispanics in CA were basically 50/50 before the irrational passage of Prop 187. Since then, Hispanics have voted about 70% for Dems. If the same happens to the GOP, they are in big trouble.

    In fact they are in big trouble now. If Ryan doesn't go 180 degrees from the past four years of the GOP on immigration, those numbers will get baked in very quickly. The fact that Hispanics are a growing demographic and old white people are dying off does not bode well for the GOP.

    Millennials do not share the GOP's positions on race, immigration or LGBTQ. The GOP needs to move these positions greatly as millennials take over for those born from 1935-50.

  20. #300

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •