• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Seems like there are two ways to tell the Fox News origins. Your way is that there's an obvious liberal media bias and Fox News exists to provide a fair and balanced alternative. The other way is that Fox News identified a market who wasn't hearing what they wanted to hear from serious journalism, so they gave them what they wanted. Of course, that way fits how Fox entered the network TV market as an alternative to ABC, CBS, and NBC. They identified markets like black viewers who weren't satisfied with the networks and catered to them.

Last edited:
Seems like there are two ways to tell the Fox News origins. Your way is that there's an obvious liberal media bias and Fox News exists to provide a fair and balanced alternative. The other way is that Fox News identified a market who wasn't hearing what they wanted to hear from serious journalism, so they gave them what they wanted. Of course, that way fits how Fox entered the network TV market as an alternative to ABC, CBS, and NBC. They identified markets like black viewers who weren't satisfied with the networks and catered to them.

"serious journalism" includes the careers of Jayson Blair, Brian Williams, Dan Rather's made-up documents from MS Word's 1998 edition that supposedly dated to the Vietnam era.

When you put it that way, I'm going with your first theory, but modified to say "equal time" rather than fair and balanced.

The real reason Fox News gets so many views isn't because it's "the only conservative voice" or whatever (although I'm sure that is A reason). It's because older people skew more conservative and also watch more TV for politics and general news consumption.

whining about the media in 2016 is a pussy loser mentality. when did the party of personal responsibility become a bunch of vaginas?

Not really worth casting aspersions with the turmoil Fox News is in, jhmd.

Roger likes pretty girls, it is true. This is not unique to Fox News (!SABADO GIGANTE!)

But Brian Williams got caught pretending to be a helicopter crash because it sounded cool. Both are bad, but they are very different types of bad.

whining about the media in 2016 is a pussy loser mentality. when did the party of personal responsibility become a bunch of vaginas?

May be a loser mentality but a focused national media is an incredibly strong force. I do not foresee a republican in the white house until something changes on that front. The national media is not nearly such an instrumental force in senate and house races since there are too many actors.

Trump was an awful candidate and brought much of the negative coverage on himself. The way Romney and McCain's character and careers were treated was pretty awful. I personally did not like the policies of either, but I cannot imagine anyone's reputation surviving a dedicated national media onslaught.

There is a reason that we have the kind of candidates that we have.

May be a loser mentality but a focused national media is an incredibly strong force. I do not foresee a republican in the white house until something changes on that front. The national media is not nearly such an instrumental force in senate and house races since there are too many actors.

Trump was an awful candidate and brought much of the negative coverage on himself. The way Romney and McCain's character and careers were treated was pretty awful. I personally did not like the policies of either, but I cannot imagine anyone's reputation surviving a dedicated national media onslaught.

so the reason republicans aren't in the white house is because of the biased media? lol.

loser mentality

The Media (the "MSM") was created by the Illuminati to push the Freemason Agenda (the "Agenda"). The Agenda is tweaked annually at the Bilderberg Group meeting. Any changes are distributed to the MSM through a network of Knights Templar and Rosicrucian under-secretaries. MSM overseers largely made up of Skull and Bones members oversee day-to-day implementation of the Agenda and are audited periodically by Elders of Zion reviewers.

Yet Romney and McCain are well-respected people with a good reputation. They just lost elections.

Damn, I'm staying at the Bilderberg Hotel in Amsterdam next weekend. Should I be worried?

· Working with bloggers and columnists to write about this from a racial justice and reproductive rights perspective, including a few people who joined us on a call to talk about the "Bernie Backlash" that was unfolding even before his remarks last night—current list is Elianne Ramos, Jessica Valenti (who is writing a column on this as we speak), Jamil Smith, Sady Doyle, Aminatou Sow, Gabe Ortiz, and others
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/18566

The Media (the "MSM") was created by the Illuminati to push the Freemason Agenda (the "Agenda"). The Agenda is tweaked annually at the Bilderberg Group meeting. Any changes are distributed to the MSM through a network of Knights Templar and Rosicrucian under-secretaries. MSM overseers largely made up of Skull and Bones members oversee day-to-day implementation of the Agenda and are audited periodically by Elders of Zion reviewers.

you left out the seven guys who rule the world

She'll be President-elect in 20 days.

Agree to disagree.
Amazing how little you think of a college education. You realize that we didn't all play football for UNC, right? I guess you would have more respect for liberal politics they were explained to you from atop a tractor or at a construction site. A "Green Eggs & Ham" approach maybe would be best for you.

Wait, you mean it's hard for people to thrive in an environment where seemingly everything is working against them? Including being judged just because of their political affiliation???

Man, that must suck to be so oppressed and not be able to do anything about it.

When you bring it up people strike it down as dumb too huh? Like it's not a real thing and you just need to work harder or get better candidates? Wait, even your well qualified candidates are character assassinated and not given a fair shot simply because the letter "R" is next to their name?

Thank goodness this never happens in any other societal realm of America. That could make it pretty hard for some people to succeed if we weren't all born on a level playing field.

WHEW!

Last edited:
Back