• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

The Media just needs to take its L. Trump kicked The Media's ass and they can't...and won't....get over it. The problem The Media has now, though, is that in every day that passes more & more Americans don't give a damn what The Media says because it knows they have an agenda and axe to grind and have lost nearly all of their credibility as a result of it.

The Media just needs to take its L. Trump kicked The Media's ass and they can't...and won't....get over it. The problem The Media has now, though, is that in every day that passes more & more Americans don't give a damn what The Media says because it knows they have an agenda and axe to grind and have lost nearly all of their credibility as a result of it.

The media is more important now than ever since we have elected a President who has no idea how to tell the truth. Accountability is at an all time high, and while every single station out there has their biases and slants, there is an objective truth out there that needs to be held with some regard.

ok, so we'll just believe the word of the man himself, like falsely stating this is the latest a new president has ever gone without a complete Cabinet.

The media is more important now than ever since we have elected a President who has no idea how to tell the truth. Accountability is at an all time high, and while every single station out there has their biases and slants, there is an objective truth out there that needs to be held with some regard.

Who do we trust with this important responsibility? The people who widely predicted a landslide win for their favored candidate? Can you see the argument against that?

Who do we trust with this important responsibility? The people who widely predicted a landslide win for their favored candidate? Can you see the argument against that?

News reporting and predictions are not the same thing. You, of course, know that.

It's interesting how much you paid attention to the beginning of President Obama's term and how little you seem to care about this one.

But hey, you have earned the respect of the reverse mortgage king of Randolph County, so you have that going for you.

We trust the media with accountability and reporting. I didn't hear CNN, Fox or any mainstream media outlet report or project a "landslide" outside of the polls and surveys that were done (which nailed the popular vote).

News reporting and predictions are not the same thing. You, of course, know that.

It's interesting how much you paid attention to the beginning of President Obama's term and how little you seem to care about this one.

But hey, you have earned the respect of the reverse mortgage king of Randolph County, so you have that going for you.

Today, Zootopia, tomorrow the world!

You make a good point. I was more worried about Obama than Trump. Obama had never rum anything in his life and had a scary about of devotion from his true believers. The thirst for objective truth was no where to be found. Instead, we had decided that we were going to give free health care with no changes to the existing system; a proclamation either naively or willingly digested by otherwise educated people.
With Trump, there is skepticism at every turn. Not at bold gestures like taking over 1/6th of the economy on a known lie, but at tweets about Saturday night sketch shows.
Trump has experience and skepticism. Two refreshinhchanges.

I thought we didn't believe polls anymore

You weren't paying attention, just like you weren't paying attention when you didn't predict a Trump win like I did in all my wisdom. Only the negative polls are #fakenews, the positive ones are totally fine. The dear baby dick and handed leader has assured us this is the way of it.

We trust the media with accountability and reporting. I didn't hear CNN, Fox or any mainstream media outlet report or project a "landslide" outside of the polls and surveys that were done (which nailed the popular vote).

You weren't listening, then.
You trust the media, "we" don't. Basic skepticism is a useful thing, but especially when the speaker has stopped trying to hide their agenda.

Today, Zootopia, tomorrow the world!

You make a good point. I was more worried about Obama than Trump. Obama had never rum anything in his life and had a scary about of devotion from his true believers. The thirst for objective truth was no where to be found. Instead, we had decided that we were going to give free health care with no changes to the existing system; a proclamation either naively or willingly digested by otherwise educated people.
With Trump, there is skepticism at every turn. Not at bold gestures like taking over 1/6th of the economy on a known lie, but at tweets about Saturday night sketch shows.
Trump has experience and skepticism. Two refreshinhchanges.

Remember when Tom Daschle was turned down as head of HHS (or whatever the position was he was nominated for) because of irregularities in his tax returns?

Simpler times, those were.

Nice to see you tying yourself to the President. That portends much fun for me over the next several years.

Kellyanne Conway just told people to buy Ivanka's products on TV. Sure there's nothing wrong with that. Could you imagine Republican reaction if Obama sent Valerie Jarrett out there to plug his book?

Kellyanne Conway just told people to buy Ivanka's products on TV. Sure there's nothing wrong with that. Could you imagine Republican reaction if Obama sent Valerie Jarrett out there to plug his book?

People need to just stop interviewing her altogether.

The adminstration is now the Home Shopping Network, but with asshole salespeople you don't want to buy anything from.

Remember when Tom Daschle was turned down as head of HHS (or whatever the position was he was nominated for) because of irregularities in his tax returns?

Simpler times, those were.

Nice to see you tying yourself to the President. That portends much fun for me over the next several years.

He may not go down as the greatest President ever,
But he will go down as a President.

He may not go down as the greatest President ever,
But he will go down as a President.

I have a hunch that there will be many adjectives that you can use to fill in __________ President ever when speaking of President Trump. Maybe we will get lucky and the most apt will be greatest.

I have a hunch that there will be many adjectives that you can use to fill in __________ President ever when speaking of President Trump. Maybe we will get lucky and the most apt will be greatest.

Let's not start handing out Peace Prizes just yet. Over here waiting for the facts to saunter in, keeping warm by the heat if the daily tantrum.

Back