Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 2070

Thread: Role of the Media

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacsfan27 View Post
    Yes. All of this.
    A lot of people see the media outlets that you are a big fan of (NPR, the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, etc) as generally being biased against Trump. I'm one of them.

  2. #82
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    40,600
    biased in what way

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    A lot of people see the media outlets that you are a big fan of (NPR, the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, etc) as generally being biased against Trump. I'm one of them.
    Washington Post and CNN, I tend to agree. I keep looking for examples from the NYT, but usually when I think they're being bias, they're just quoting Trump. They can't help if what Trump does, aka the news, is an objective detriment to Trump; or at least, a lot of people see it as a detriment. "Trump: 'Obama is the founder of ISIS'" sounds like a tabloid piece, but it's just the embarrassing truth.
    Last edited by Demonwolverine; 08-16-2016 at 09:48 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    biased in what way
    Biased in that the people who work there almost universally despise Trump.

  5. #85
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102,128
    What are journalists allowed to despise?

    Why are media folks allowed to despise Hillary but not Trump?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    A lot of people see the media outlets that you are a big fan of (NPR, the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, etc) as generally being biased against Trump. I'm one of them.
    A lot of people are idiots that rely on feelings more than actual factual information.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  7. #87
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    40,600
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    Biased in that the people who work there almost universally despise Trump.
    so not in the way they report facts and quotes about trump, just that you perceive they don't like him

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    Biased in that the people who work there almost universally despise Trump.
    You may think they are "biased" because they call out Trump when he is lying, but that doesn't mean they "universally despise Trump".

    I fully admit that most news sources that I go to have a liberal media bias (outside of Trump, which is an awful way of determining a bias one way or the other).

    Trump is objectively lying about almost everything. That's not a "two sides to the same coin" type situation that's normal in politics. Most debates in politics have two legitimate sides that are well backed up in facts and ideas, and reasonable people simply disagree on how to attack a problem. That's not the case with Trump at all. He is objectively incorrect, and I feel he should be called out on every news station.

    I would argue that allowing him to lie and continue his demagoguery is way more damaging than calling him out.
    Mother So Dear '12

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    so not in the way they report facts and quotes about trump
    That too.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    A lot of people see the media outlets that you are a big fan of (NPR, the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, etc) as generally being biased against Trump. I'm one of them.
    Hypothetically - say candidate A is constantly giving speeches or press conferences and is demonstrably lying about issues (I'm not saying as a matter of interpretation, I'm saying going out and stating the sky is blue when it's red), and is making these statements at a rate 4x that of his opponent, what is the appropriate amount of media coverage?

    Is the media not supposed to report on another inane Trump comment because HRC didn't make one today and therefore needs to wait to report on HRC first in the name of fairness?

    I actually think the media failed in the republican primaries giving credence to what he was saying by not calling him out more and presenting facts in opposition. Feelings are not the same as facts, and a duty is owed to the American public to correct blatant lies so that they don't come away thinking HRC and Trump are about equal in their presentation of the truth.

    Now that's a different argument than saying some journalists or organizations don't have an inherent bias on some level which is built in - I think they probably do. However, with Trump we aren't even talking about organizations which lean left versus right. This is about reality versus fiction with what Trump says. I think the media is finally doing its job after negligently covering so much of the primaries.
    Jaime Lannister sends his regards

  11. #91
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    40,600
    Quote Originally Posted by BobStackFan4Life View Post
    That too.
    how so?

  12. #92
    Tim Pool

    Kimberly Neal

    Louisiana floods

    Media's role?

  13. #93
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    12,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    Washington Post and CNN, I tend to agree. I keep looking for examples from the NYT, but usually when I think they're being bias, they're just quoting Trump. They can't help if what Trump does, aka the news, is an objective detriment to Trump; or at least, a lot of people see it as a detriment. "Trump: 'Obama is the founder of ISIS'" sounds like a tabloid piece, but it's just the embarrassing truth.
    Maybe you need to keep looking. The NY Times has not endorsed a Republican for POTUS during the last 60 years. Eisenhower was the last in 1956. That's some kind of unbiased lack of partisanship.

  14. #94
    So, in light of today's news, do we expect Breitbart to objectively cover Trump for the rest of the campaign?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    Maybe you need to keep looking. The NY Times has not endorsed a Republican for POTUS during the last 60 years. Eisenhower was the last in 1956. That's some kind of unbiased lack of partisanship.
    Trump just hired a Breitbart executive to run the rest of his campaign. Some kind of unbiased lack of partisanship by Breitbart. Probably want to cease posting any articles from there on the election.
    Mother So Dear '12

  16. #96
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    40,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacsfan27 View Post
    Trump just hired a Breitbart executive to run the rest of his campaign. Some kind of unbiased lack of partisanship by Breitbart. Probably want to cease posting any articles from there on the election.
    I'm sure BSF will be ON THE CASE about this blatant bias

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    So, in light of today's news, do we expect Breitbart to objectively cover Trump for the rest of the campaign?
    About as objectively as Lewandowski's "expertise" that is regularly featured on CNN.

  18. #98
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    12,951
    did you guys read the post I was responding to?

  19. #99
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,982
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    Maybe you need to keep looking. The NY Times has not endorsed a Republican for POTUS during the last 60 years. Eisenhower was the last in 1956. That's some kind of unbiased lack of partisanship.
    Has the Washington Times, Fox News or Orange County Register ever endorsed a Dem?

    Since when is quoting a candidate being biased?

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Has the Washington Times, Fox News or Orange County Register ever endorsed a Dem?

    Since when is quoting a candidate being biased?
    And no one here, especially you, ever bitches about the bias of "Faux News".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •