• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Breitbart
Drudge
any number of conservative radio hosts and their staffs
basically anybody Bob2 is posting nowadays

WSJ
Blaze
Beck
Rush
Washington Times
Redstate
Weekly Standard
WorldNetDaily
National Review
Newsmax
Free Republic

I could go on.

Same challenge to you. Go right ahead and list why the vast majority of the media would prefer Democrats.

Because the great majority of them live in metropolitan East Coast bubbles full of every advantage and opportunity for college educated people, very few have ever served in the military, worked manufacturing jobs, worked construction jobs, made a payroll, hired/trained/managed a work force, ever taken any meaningful risk or sacrifice in their lives outside of wearing the wrong thing to a cocktail party or not agreeing with conventional Democrat thinking fast enough at the same party, and they actually believe the Ivory Tower nonsense actually works.

Because the great majority of them live in metropolitan East Coast bubbles full of every advantage and opportunity for college educated people, very few have ever served in the military, worked manufacturing jobs, worked construction jobs, made a payroll, hired/trained/managed a work force, ever taken any meaningful risk or sacrifice in their lives outside of wearing the wrong thing to a cocktail party or not agreeing with conventional Democrat thinking fast enough at the same party, and they actually believe the Ivory Tower nonsense actually works.

Very few of the media of very few of people in general? If the latter, we're talking 10s of millions of people...

Very few of the media of very few of people in general? If the latter, we're talking 10s of millions of people...

This might be the easiest answer to any question I have ever been asked on the Boards (other than why does Sig still wet the bed). When we solve this mystery, we can turn our attention to "What is the favorite soft drink of the people who work at the Coke bottling plant?" I'm guessing it is Coke, since that's what they've devoted their professional lives to selling. Same with the media. They live in the area of the country that is asking for a surrender of an increasing amount of money and power to redistribute as they see fit. The media is practically the distribution channel for the big government solution Democrats are selling. So...yeah. They like their own product. Next question.

Maybe Republicans should take a look at their own party platform and start there before they start (keep?) pointing fingers at everybody else but themselves.

Maybe Republicans should take a look at their own party platform and start there before they start (keep?) pointing fingers at everybody else but themselves.

Because I dare to question the notion that the media (now suddenly monolithic...) "knows more" than 300 million other people?

Sorry, if I can stifle the laughter long enough to respond, but a resounding no, please and thank you.

Because I dare to question the notion that the media (now suddenly monolithic...) "knows more" than 300 million other people?

Sorry, if I can stifle the laughter long enough to respond, but a resounding no, please and thank you.

I didn't mention the media in my post at all, nor did I state anywhere that somebody/anybody "knows more than 300 million people".

Please stay on topic JHMD. I've read enough of your strawmen arguments across various threads on the Tunnels today. If you want to engage me and attribute things that are said across the media/on here as my words then I would prefer you at least cite it for me. Otherwise I will take your attempt in this conversation as blatant trolling and stop any engagement here.

Do these media cocktail parties ever invite the cabal of international bankers trying to destroy American sovereignty?

I didn't mention the media in my post at all, nor did I state anywhere that somebody/anybody "knows more than 300 million people".

Please stay on topic JHMD. ***.

I'm answering a specific question asked for me, which you can find here, where someone stated that what you denied (in green) was the most obvious answer, and challenged me to name another explanation.
Same challenge to you. Go right ahead and list why the vast majority of the media would prefer Democrats.

So I did. Then you got bent out of shape.

You Betas are hard to please.

I'm also waiting for BS4L's theory as to why the media is biased. However, as to your answer, if that is what leads to conservative thought, it's amusing that for the last 20 years, the GOP nominees have been W, W, McCain, Romney, and now Trump. Other than McCain's military duty, these people have none of the attributes you listed. It's not as if Romney or Bush completely created a new manufacturing company or rose from laborer to CEO. And Trump's refusal to release his tax returns means no one will know how successful he's actually been running his own business.

I'm also waiting for BS4L's theory as to why the media is biased. However, as to your answer, if that is what leads to conservative thought, it's amusing that for the last 20 years, the GOP nominees have been W, W, McCain, Romney, and now Trump. Other than McCain's military duty, these people have none of the attributes you listed. It's not as if Romney or Bush completely created a new manufacturing company or rose from laborer to CEO. And Trump's refusal to release his tax returns means no one will know how successful he's actually been running his own business.

If the dems have taught us anything it is that you don't have to be poor to support policies benefiting the poor (see Kennedy, Pelosi, Heinz-Kerry, John Corzine, etc) I would think that the same would hold true for pubs and their issues.

You don't believe Mitt Romney has experience meeting a payroll? Hiring, training and managing? He ran successful companies, the first post 9/11 Olympics and a blue State. Bro...be better.

They're media.

Pubs get to define what they want as media. And most of the time, they are just talking about TV, with the exception of, you know it, do I really have to type it?, the New York Times and the Washington Post.

So which media outlets were cherry picked for that "study" showing only 4% of donations went to Trump?

You don't believe Mitt Romney has experience meeting a payroll? Hiring, training and managing? He ran successful companies, the first post 9/11 Olympics and a blue State. Bro...be better.

Still waiting on BS4L's theory as to why the media is liberal/Democratic. But beyond that, Romney is not exactly the guy who's worked in factories, built stuff, or ran a company that built stuff. Bain was first just a consultant company and then he spun off a division into private equity.

And how absurd is it that two examples of businessmen as GOP nominees, Romney and Trump, resisted, failed to release, or released only limited tax returns. If they're the amazing business people they claim, and know how to work the tax system and what needs to be fixed, show it off. Fly those tax returns like GOP nominee freak flags.

Pubs get to define what they want as media. And most of the time, they are just talking about TV, with the exception of, you know it, do I really have to type it?, the New York Times and the Washington Post.

It's good thing that only Pubs complain about news channels they don't agree with. Could you even imagine if both parties did that? Bullet dodged.

Still waiting on BS4L's theory as to why the media is liberal/Democratic. But beyond that, Romney is not exactly the guy who's worked in factories, built stuff, or ran a company that built stuff. Bain was first just a consultant company and then he spun off a division into private equity.

And how absurd is it that two examples of businessmen as GOP nominees, Romney and Trump, resisted, failed to release, or released only limited tax returns. If they're the amazing business people they claim, and know how to work the tax system and what needs to be fixed, show it off. Fly those tax returns like GOP nominee freak flags.

When you've got a community organizer on your hands, you surely turn your nose up at a successful executive, head of the Olympics committee and Governor of a blue state. Put yourself down for a win, here.

Back