• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

The resemblance between Trump tweets/statements and RJ posts is uncanny.

Yet he will continue to legislatively support his agenda.
That goes for the entire Republican Congress and a lot of Dems like Nancy Pelosi - Hypocritical, dishonest pieces of shit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...c-surveillance-powers-they-should-ncna836836

"...Yet, just before the floor vote today she said she would not support the USA Rights Act and shamefully voted to hand Trump exactly what he wanted.

Almost worse than Pelosi's willingness to go along with the NSA was Rep. Adam Schiff's, D-Calif., who has seen his star rise over the last year being the Democrat’s go-to voice on the Russia investigation...."

Pelosi needs to seriously hang it up and retire, or at least give up the Speaker's chair. No doubt she's a competent, experienced Washington insider, but she's never been impressive on television or in interviews, and the GOP very successfully ran against her in 2010 to take control of the House, and there's no doubt they will try and make her an anchor for Democrats again in 2018. I actually think the Dems are going to take the House anyway this year - Trump is far more hated than Pelosi nationally, I think - but with her as leader of House Democrats it's easy for the GOP to make congressional Democrats as a whole look like status quo, out-of-touch West Coast/East Coast elitists. She needs to step aside and let a younger, more dynamic House member (preferably from a purple or even red state) become Speaker; even if they're a relative novice, they could at least groom them for the job.

Of course she won't do it, though - the opportunity to be Speaker again in 2019 will ensure that she stays, and, to be honest, I do think she's a career politician who will probably die in that House seat rather than give it up. Fairly or not, I think she symbolizes one of the major problems with the Democratic Party as a whole - they have no bench, few rising stars, and their most prominent leaders are almost entirely made up of senior citizens who have been around too long, have too many political scars, seem to have little new to offer, and for many Americans (and not just Trumpites) represent the status quo.

Last edited:
Agreed. Great post.

I think insurgent Democrats will be able to run against Pelosi to win primaries and help themselves in the general.

I like how the two main news sources in America right now are leading off with the most important pieces of news as being "Prepare your Will if you are traveling to North Korea for vacation" and "Trump spends day golfing"

What should the headlines be?

Notre Dame assistant Chip Long a darkhorse candidate for vacant Alabama offensive coordinator job

I like how the two main news sources in America right now are leading off with the most important pieces of news as being "Prepare your Will if you are traveling to North Korea for vacation" and "Trump spends day golfing"

sometimes it is difficult to be relevant and entertaining at the same time

Just following their dear leader. Anything negative ‘bout him is fake. Just the way it is.

giphy.gif

Back