• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Main article on CNN right now is a Chris Cillizza opinion piece on a jacket that Melania Trump wore 6 months ago

Maybe it’s common knowledge hereabouts, but I just discovered that if you have an Amazon prime membership you can get access to the Washington Post online free for 6 months and at a reduced cost thereafter ($4/month vs $10).

There needs to be a Freezing Cold Takes for politics.

That if you just keep making shit up it doesn't matter what you do (or can do)? Yeah I guess we're finally figuring that out.

Yeah. People don’t talk about the Ebola story anymore but that was huge for Republicans. If you look at polling about favorability of Republicans, it peaked on Election Day 2014 and then dropped. In 2016, Trump support crested relative to Hillary on Election Day.

The fact that Fox won't fire a proud and out Nazi, Gorka, shows they don't care about the bloodshed and hate Trump is fomenting.

Every time I read something like this, it makes the whole "liberal news media" mantra shouted by conservatives even more of a joke. Trump has most news outlets trained like dogs at this point to follow whatever he says, and not whether he's telling the truth or whether there's any substance to his claims.

Back