• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

That’s very good. Throw in that ad based revenue streams and lack of campaign finance reform increased corporate influence over media and government.

Like month after month of Hillary's emails with little to nothing about Trump's shady past?

Or maybe wall-to-wall caravan and military deployment coverage leading up to 2018 election?

Look at the Fox News headlines on any given day. Top 10 includes 4 articles about AOC, 2 fear-mongering about immigrants, 2 about how someone in some small town destroyed freedom, 1 about Muller's investigation being good for Trump, and 1 about a some weird animal encounter.

Last edited:
AOC is so good for Democrats. They desperately needed someone to eat up media time. Republicans were all over media during the Obama era. Dems need some media darlings.

Trump meets with the new publisher of the NY Times, AG Sulzberger, and two NY Times WH correspondents in the Oval Office. He spent most of his time complaining about how unfair the news media has been to him, refused to take any responsibility for the increase in threats against journalists since he took office, and said that he was "sort of entitled to a great story — just one — from my newspaper (the Times.)" Some other nuggets from the article:

"What Mr. Trump considers fair, however, is almost always in line with what he considers flattering.

When Mr. Sulzberger noted that all presidents had complained about how they were depicted by the news media — “tough coverage is part of occupying the most powerful seat on Earth,” the publisher said — Mr. Trump replied: “But I think I get it really bad. I mean, let’s face it, this is at a level that nobody’s ever had before.”

"The president said Fox News “treats me very well” and praised local television as “so great to me,” (Sinclair Media?) but called NBC “terrible” and asserted that The Times “treats me so unbelievably terribly.”

“I ran, I won, and I’m really doing a good job,” Mr. Trump said, lamenting that his surprise victory did not receive the praise he thought it deserved — particularly from The Times, a publication that has loomed throughout his life as representing the establishment whose respect he has long sought."

So for Trump, "fair news coverage" means endless, Fox News-style flattery and puffery. Kind of sad, actually. Link to NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/...ner=rss&emc=rss&smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytpolitics

Then report the truth. That’s all they have to do.

When the yellow vests stormed Paris 2 weeks ago they attacked the offices of the press — “fake news!” was the rallying cry.

Either these folks start reporting truthfully or expect to be jeered and heckled.

Then report the truth. That’s all they have to do.

When the yellow vests stormed Paris 2 weeks ago they attacked the offices of the press — “fake news!” was the rallying cry.

Either these folks start reporting truthfully or expect to be jeered and heckled.

Back