• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mount Rushmore of overrated foods

Crab legs. I’ve never understood the love. They’re a million dollars and you have to work for an hour to get a sliver of meat you just drench in better. Use that dough to buy the catch of the day instead.

There’s a good segment of Adam Ruins Everything that talks about the huge marketing push for bacon.

https://youtu.be/v4pqRx7OB-Y

It’s crazy how I remember the core elements of that push but didn’t realize that bacon wasn’t as big of a deal in the early 80s. I remember being marketed to but didn’t realize the impact of the marketing.

Crab legs. I’ve never understood the love. They’re a million dollars and you have to work for an hour to get a sliver of meat you just drench in better. Use that dough to buy the catch of the day instead.

Have to agree with this. They're good - and if they are plopped down in front of me, I will eat them. But they are definitely not worth the money and energy that they require.

Have to agree with this. They're good - and if they are plopped down in front of me, I will eat them. But they are definitely not worth the money and energy that they require.

Agree on the seafood takes. I like seafood a lot. I do tend to get seafood when I'm out because my wife hates all seafood and my boys only really do salmon and maybe cod. I go to a low country boil every year that satisfies my desire for crab legs. I may get a tapas portion of lobster or scallops at Epcot Food & Wine or Flower and Garden once a year for $7 or $8. Any time I get either at a restaurant I get mad that I spent $25+.

Shrimp is good, but only if it's cooked right. Most fish are properly rated though.

Pancakes. The bigger the stack, the worse they are.

I have to assume the anti-seafood commentary does not extend to oysters and clams. All things crab are terribly overrated though.

I’m convinced people who go nuts for hot sauce on oysters are part of some elaborate prank.

hot sauce is only good on shitty oysters, like I get why it's a culture in nola, gulf oysters have no flavor

I really don’t get the seafood hate. Crab cakes are one of the best foods, but crab legs I can understand.

I’m going with cake. Most cakes are disappointing. Would rather have pie, cobbler, or just ice cream. Fuck you cake.

Clam strips are underrated. They’re delicious.

What’s the new bacon type craze? Tacos maybe? Although tacos might be a top 5 food for me, I’m not a fan of these crazy tacos like bbq with Mac & cheese or stuff like that. Give me carnitas or steak of something traditional.

What’s the new bacon type craze? Tacos maybe? Although tacos might be a top 5 food for me, I’m not a fan of these crazy tacos like bbq with Mac & cheese or stuff like that. Give me carnitas or steak of something traditional.

This is a good one. Tacos? Great. Properly rated. Tacos that aren't traditional with a bunch of funky stuff are way overrated.

This is a good one. Tacos? Great. Properly rated. Tacos that aren't traditional with a bunch of funky stuff are way overrated.

It’s really why I did not like Crafted the one time I went before I left WS. Just way too many nontraditional tacos that don’t make sense.

Clam strips are underrated. They’re delicious.

One thing I miss from the northeast is steamed clams as a bar food.

I really don’t get the seafood hate. Crab cakes are one of the best foods, but crab legs I can understand.

Crab cakes are high ceiling/low floor. I'm not a fan of scallops, but I'm not sure I'd call them overrated. I'm with whoever mentioned $100+ steak.

Back