• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Peanut butter

My best guess of moonz timeline using recollection of posts and context clues is as follows:
Married
Had kid #1
Divorced/became mom and dad
Remarried to super rich lady
Had kid #2
Possibly going through another divorce??
Falling in love with CLT!!!1!

How'd I do moonz?

missed one thing

Charlotte, the city so nice, Rubbins moved to another country rather than live there.

Our 7 year old has an off the scale (very likely lethal) peanut allergy, so nothing with peanuts or associated with peanuts is allowed in our home and we don't eat them at work for fear of it being on our hands, lips, wrapper in the pocket etc.

So now when we travel without her, which is rare, we still fit in the hotel/vacation sex, but we both really look forward to Reese's cups. I swear we use sex phrases and make orgasm sounds when we eat them due to the months of deprivation.

At the insistence of a bunch of members, my club has started selling PB&Js in the men's grill. They've become the most popular turn item.

Also, try PB with Nutella spread on a toasted English muffin. Not the healthiest snack in the world, but Oh. My. God.

Our 7 year old has an off the scale (very likely lethal) peanut allergy, so nothing with peanuts or associated with peanuts is allowed in our home and we don't eat them at work for fear of it being on our hands, lips, wrapper in the pocket etc.

So now when we travel without her, which is rare, we still fit in the hotel/vacation sex, but we both really look forward to Reese's cups. I swear we use sex phrases and make orgasm sounds when we eat them due to the months of deprivation.

I could have written this post myself, word for word, except for not eating them at work. My office is the only safe place where I can stash nuts and peanut butter crackers and such.

We're lucky. My son is allergic, but he can be around peanuts. I eat peanut butter almost every day.

We're lucky. My son is allergic, but he can be around peanuts. I eat peanut butter almost every day.

Yeah. We can't give our 7 year old son anything that has been processed in a facility with peanuts or tree nuts for fear of cross contamination. That includes eating at restaurants where people handle nut products.

Yeah. We can't give our 7 year old son anything that has been processed in a facility with peanuts or tree nuts for fear of cross contamination. That includes eating at restaurants where people handle nut products.

Same with us. Sucks so bad. And Halloween is a nightmare, literally.

Edited to note: We have started allergy therapy with Dr. Windom in Sarasota. It's scary but after a friends daughter died in North Carolina from one bite of peanut butter cake we figured we had to do something.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/new-therapy-attacks-allergies-from-the-source/2238841

Last edited:

+1. Not sure how I'd make it through the afternoon without eating handfuls of peanuts. My jar of PB is still in the pantry near my daughters sunbutter.

Same with us. Sucks so bad. And Halloween is a nightmare, literally.

Yep. Thankfully (I guess) mine doesn't like Halloween and is content to just stay at home and hand out candy. My 4 year old lives for Halloween, so one of us gets stuck at home while the other one goes out and parties around the neighborhood with the little one.

A few weeks ago, his peanut-free summer camp scheduled a field trip to an frozen yogurt parlor of all places. My wife and I freaked out and then we realized that he doesn't even like ice cream, so it may not be too bad. I chaperoned and went ahead to talk to the manager and walk through what my son could eat. About 20 flavors of frozen yogurt, expansive toppings bar, cookies, brownies, and the only thing he could eat was waffle cones.

Thankfully the manager said he could have as many waffle cones as he wanted and I brought some snacks from home for him to have. Ordinarily I would have wiped down the table and made sure the other kids at his table didn't have any peanut products either, but I didn't want to helicopter even further. I just asked them to be careful and they were really good. I sat off to the side with an epi pen and everything went fine.

How does the kid eat at school? That sounds terrible.

Back