• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Peanut butter

Lao Sze Chuan is good Sichuan cuisine in Chinatown. Or it used to be. My last trip there was kinda meh, but it could've been a one-off. The tea-smoked duck is good.

Indian hood is way the fuck up north. Probably not worth it, but if you do then Udupi Palace, Mysore Woodlands, or Ghareeb Nawaz (Pakistani).

High Five ramen is pretty good and in the West Loop.

Portillo's is a Chicago staple for Italian Beef.

All the downtown pizza spots are pretty much the same - Uno's, Gino's, Pizano's. Pequod's near Depaul is the best with the cornmeal crust.

Had Jif natch last night on toasted Thomas English muffin with honey drizzled for supper. When the PB starts to melt a little and the honey mixed in...that's good shit.

My go-to breakfast is basically that but a sliced banana after the PB and before the honey. So good.

how did y'all figure out your child's allergy? hopefully not in an emergency style way!

Yeah, this part makes me nervous.

Well you're not supposed to give children peanut butter until they're 2.

My lady friend said that now they say it's the sooner the better, studies show early exposure reduces chances of allergy...I dunno

We were also told, and I've heard others get the same spiel, that they recommend earlier exposure now (so within the last 3-5 years I guess?). Pretty sure we gave the Bug some when she was maybe 10 months old or so? Definitely before her first birthday, but not by much. Really really hoping #2 isn't allergic as PB&J is probably one of #1's most requested things.

Lao Sze Chuan is good Sichuan cuisine in Chinatown. Or it used to be. My last trip there was kinda meh, but it could've been a one-off. The tea-smoked duck is good.

Indian hood is way the fuck up north. Probably not worth it, but if you do then Udupi Palace, Mysore Woodlands, or Ghareeb Nawaz (Pakistani).

High Five ramen is pretty good and in the West Loop.

Portillo's is a Chicago staple for Italian Beef.

All the downtown pizza spots are pretty much the same - Uno's, Gino's, Pizano's. Pequod's near Depaul is the best with the cornmeal crust.

my bro is shacking up at 1 superior in the heart of the city

(whatever that means)

There's a fine line between too early and too late, if you want a scientific explanation it gets pretty complicated.

Back