• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite thing about reading?

Say Hey Deac

Reaction score
Mine is how it allows you to transport into a world of boundless imagination.

Sometimes when I'm reading it's like I can actually see myself in the world of the book. I'm like an observer in a strange new land of limitless possibilities, just waiting to see where the author will lead me.

I like reading books about things that didn't actually happen

I like the stamped return date cards at the back of library books. RIP. That detective from Seinfeld is gonna be pissed!

Is watching TV the same thing as reading? I like reading, if that's the case.

Last edited:
Sometimes I see a person walking down the street and I wonder, "What is that man thinking about right now?," but sadly I will never know. With a book, I can actually get inside the mind of a character and know for sure what he or she is thinking. That is the power of reading.

I just get more out of reading than other forms of entertainment. It's a much higher art form. So much more can be understood about nuanced storytelling from the Hunger Games and Twilight books than the movies.

I just get more out of reading than other forms of entertainment. It's a much higher art form. So much more can be understood about nuanced storytelling from the Hunger Games and Twilight books than the movies.

Lol mentions 'higher art form' then segways right into Twilight.

UR DOING IT WRONG

I like moving my mouth along with the words -- not really saying them, because that is what dumb people do, but just moving my mouth while I'm reading.

I'm a big time book voyeur on public transit and create deep personal histories for the reader based on the book they have.

Public transit readers are much rarer in the smartphone era, though.

Back