• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frontier Airlines

What up charges? Delta is my major airline of choice for work and I have to pay for better seats, wifi, entertainment, booze, food, etc. I'm honestly curious what kind of up charge frontier is charging that other airlines don't charge other than their carry-on policy. I'm actually a fan of the Frontier carry-on policy, less people slowing everything down trying to jam their giant bags all over the plane. I would say the majority of my Frontier flights have arrived in DEN or GSO early, partially due to this policy.

Southwest doesn't charge for checked bags under 50 lbs so boarding is easy and they get in early as well.

Usually the gate check is everybody in my zone and after, so unless the duffel bag fits under the seat, that probably won't work. Plus I like to roll my stuff.

But they make my hands look HUUUGE.

tpht89f.jpg

What the fuck have you been doing to your nails ?

Frontier used to be great back around 2010-11. I used to fly them a lot from DCA to our Denver office. They had free live TV, free bags, free drinks (non-booze), normal tray tables, and warm cookies -- a holdover from Midwest. Then they decided to chuck all that out and go the a la carte route. Basically the Ryanair of America.

Southwest doesn't charge for checked bags under 50 lbs so boarding is easy and they get in early as well.

Usually the gate check is everybody in my zone and after, so unless the duffel bag fits under the seat, that probably won't work. Plus I like to roll my stuff.

they only gate check rollers.

ITT it's obvious who flies a lot and who doesn't.

Frontier/Southwest are fine if you take a couple trips a year. But they can't touch having mid-tier status on one of the Big 3 airlines.

This. My priority is to get on and off the plane quickly and efficiently. I don't want to wait for a dozen other groups to board before me, then have to check my carry-on at the gate, then have to ask two people to get up so I can sit in my window seat.
Dude when you have status you always get to board before the peasants, and you can pick whatever seat you want for no upcharges. Add onto that I get upgraded to first class 60% of the time and have club access at the terminals. I can think of zero reasons to ever fly cheapo air unless I had no other options, which I always do.

if you book cheapo air when you can all you do is kill your frequent flyer points and status, so dumb why would anyone do that?

Delta is hands down the best major airline, with United being the trash.

Dude when you have status you always get to board before the peasants, and you can pick whatever seat you want for no upcharges. Add onto that I get upgraded to first class 60% of the time and have club access at the terminals. I can think of zero reasons to ever fly cheapo air unless I had no other options, which I always do.

if you book cheapo air when you can all you do is kill your frequent flyer points and status, so dumb why would anyone do that?

Delta is hands down the best major airline, with United being the trash.

The humble brag about miles always amuses me, like 50,000 miles is A. Nothing and B. You too can have all those perks for like 6 grand.

ITT it's obvious who flies a lot and who doesn't.

Frontier/Southwest are fine if you take a couple trips a year. But they can't touch having mid-tier status on one of the Big 3 airlines.

Not to mention the fact that you can't use Southwest or Frontier miles to go to London, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Beijing, Sydney...

The humble brag about miles always amuses me, like 50,000 miles is A. Nothing and B. You too can have all those perks for like 6 grand.

It's not a brag, just mearly stating the 50000 mile mark is where the status actually becomes a decent perk. Some people travel for work some people don't.

I have a measly 250k miles

Serves no use except international

Who will burn 35000 miles for a 215 flight

Credit cards, homies. Using miles on domestic only makes sense with Southwest when flying from Chicago.

You can get a credit card for any of the Big 3 airlines for like $75/year and get a free bag for everyone in the family + board early enough to put whatever bags you want in the overhead

Back