• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wine

Bump.

I visited the wine department of Eataly while in Chicago last weekend. Bought a few bottles of Sicilian wines, which use the local grapes Nero d'Avola, Frappato, and Nerello Mascalese. Still waiting on the bottles to settle after flying home with them, but I'll report back in another month or so.

Also, Brews, any good vintages on the horizon? I don't know which regions you have to follow in the industry, but I want to know all your secrets.

I'm a big fan of Sicilian wines. Occhipinti makes really good frappato and nero d'avola.

I'm a big fan of Sicilian wines. Occhipinti makes really good frappato and nero d'avola.

I'm pretty excited about it. A couple people have told me to check it out as a trendy, up-and-coming region. The wines grown on the side of Mt. Etna in the volcanic soil should be pretty interesting.

Snagged some Opus One 2012. Bout to get some Caymus Cab. Happy holidays.

Had Stag's Leap Red Blend the other day. I highly recommend it. Great notes with some proper, tobacco, and fruit notes. We ended up buying several bottles to cellar.

Went to Blue Ridge Winery with fam on Friday. Middle of nowhere Virginia. Absolutely beautiful space. Wine was nothing special but an enjoyable experience.

Stay far far away from that one. That whole situation is a disaster. I wouldn't want to buy that one.

BTW, it's sold to some couple from Texas, they're rebooting Westbend in the Spring. Corks Caps n Taps dude going back to his role as winemaker there. No word on the brewery.

Snagged some Opus One 2012. Bout to get some Caymus Cab. Happy holidays.

Caymus Special Select is probably my favorite wine. Had the 2012 Opus One the other night, its good, but needs lots of time - hope you got a good discount, they have it at the store in my building for $250.

Anyone have a delicious white wine fruit sangria recipe for disctoy?

Had some badass sangria at some three year olds party yesterday... Best ever. Some lady from Spain made it in mexico delicious but very dangerous. Some of the hot wives were getting loooose

This is not a wine snot wine; however, this summer I am hooked on New Age White Wine Blend with a lime. This wine is 90% torrontes and has a nice bit of effervescence. It is the perfect wine to sip in 90+ degree heat on your patio.

Back