• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wine

A great value buy: Treasure Hunter Saywer's Crown.

Had some badass sangria at some three year olds party yesterday... Best ever. Some lady from Spain made it in mexico delicious but very dangerous. Some of the hot wives were getting loooose

Thanks for sharing as usual...#hottakestorysweetkerouacwannabeaspracticalashimakanotatallsweetbra

This is not a wine snot wine; however, this summer I am hooked on New Age White Wine Blend with a lime. This wine is 90% torrontes and has a nice bit of effervescence. It is the perfect wine to sip in 90+ degree heat on your patio.

Who carries this?

I had some wine in a CAN the other day. Wasn't bad, would try again -- had a sparkling white and a rosé. Pretty wild, man, in a CAN. Popped that top and drank it, peeps probs thought I was drinking a cold brew. Nope, it was wine.

Mine was from Oregon, too:

UND
ERW
OOD

Looks Dutch, or Flemish, maybe Afrikaans.

Mine was from Oregon, too:

UND
ERW
OOD

Looks Dutch, or Flemish, maybe Afrikaans.

My wife and I have been drinking Underwood Rose since the spring. It is quite refreshing and stays far colder in the can plus the sunlight cannot get at it as easy as a bottle.

How much cheaper is Brunello or Vino Noble in Italy vs the States?

Much - shipping is pricey though if you wanted to bring back though - I was there two years ago, and shipping an entire case is like $200 - so you can buy a good bottle of wine for 15 euro or so, but you are going to be adding $18+ for shipping per bottle. You could probably check it on the plane, but you gotta hope they take care of it and you have a heavy duty carrier.

Im not an expert, but there are apparently like over 200 sulfites and other chemical compounds (depending on the country) that are acceptable to add to wine during fermentation that help the process along and take away from the variation and guesswork.

They are still artificial additives, though. Natural wine goes (really) old school and doesn't add anything during the process. Its more of a pure process than even the 'organic' or 'biodynamic' wines you may see listed at whole foods. Some hippy shit fo sho. I am probably gonna dive in and try a few this wknd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_wine

natty light is all natural and wins the blind taste tests in case any of you are interested in natural great tastes

Much - shipping is pricey though if you wanted to bring back though - I was there two years ago, and shipping an entire case is like $200 - so you can buy a good bottle of wine for 15 euro or so, but you are going to be adding $18+ for shipping per bottle. You could probably check it on the plane, but you gotta hope they take care of it and you have a heavy duty carrier.

You're right. Even with the shipping cost the Brunello averaged out at $40 a bottle for a case. In the states a piece of crap Brunello starts at $50 or so with the good ones in the upper $80 range. Plus I will be able to buy direct going forward and not through a US distributor.

Back