• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wine

T's and P's for your house.

I can't believe how lucky we got on weather. If we had gone a week later we'd have been smoked/burned out for the entire week.

We drank a Chalk Hill Sauvignon Gris this weekend - it was outstanding. I recommend it to dry white lovers.

You should try the Trefethen Dry Riesling. I have heard great things about it. Sounds right up your alley.

i'll see if i can track it down. I have been telling my wife she might enjoy a good dry riesling but unfortunately haven't ever gotten her to take the plunge since she's afraid they're all sweet.

During the pandemic my wife and I started buying the 4L Carlo Rossi Paisano tablewine jug from Walmart. It comes out to like 3.00 a bottle and is delicious. Haters welcome.

medium.png

good heavens man, have some self respect. (ha j/k drink whatever)

During the pandemic my wife and I started buying the 4L Carlo Rossi Paisano tablewine jug from Walmart. It comes out to like 3.00 a bottle and is delicious. Haters welcome.

medium.png

How long does something like that stay good for?

Long thread maybe discussed when it came out but Sour Grapes is a very good story I knew nothing about, maybe some of you ballers are involved.

You should try the Trefethen Dry Riesling. I have heard great things about it. Sounds right up your alley.

Trefethen is great and a nice place to visit, too. If any of you are dc-ers, Glen Manor in VA makes outstanding sauv b. Like by a global standard.

Canned rosé is my new summer jam. +1 for portion control, too.

Bringing this back as today there are some good deals on wineberserkers

just bought some Fogline Zinfandel for $30/bottle including shipping.

First I've heard of Wine Berserker. So it's like Black Friday, but for wine? Other than knowing something is good because you've had it before, how do you go about picking out wines in a situation like this? Always hard for me to know who/what to trust.

Last edited:
First I've heard of Wine Berserker. So it's like Black Friday, but for wine? Other than knowing something is good because you've had it before, how do you go about picking out wines in a situation like this. Always hard for me to know who/what to trust.

it is exactly like Black Friday for wine.

I'm counting on a combination of a friend's recommendations and Vivino ratings, but the latter are sometimes scarce. I split a case of Fogline with him (we'll drink more than one of them together) because he bought some last year and it's great Zin for the money.

I also bought a few Bougetz on faith/Vivino ratings/they source from a vineyard I have sampled and really like.

just picked up a six pack of Crawford Bentrock pinot noir for $140. :dancindeac::rock:

just picked up a six pack of Crawford Bentrock pinot noir for $140. :dancindeac::rock:

Awesome. Great price. I’ve heard good things about them, but too many wines, too little time. Post a review when you get them!

medium.png

I will admit it's not the most atrocious thing out there. I buy a jug of that every 2 months or so for cooking and marinating, and I might even have a glass or 2 the 1st night I open it. It's my go to for making osso bucco (I use beef shanks and red wine, not veal and white wine, before anyone wants to yell at me) or marinating london broils or pork roasts. I keep a big jug of that right next to my big jug of low sodium soy sauce.

I have been really enjoying Ministry of the Vinterior pinot noir lately. Highly recommended - got a case for $240 at Arthurs in charlotte.

I have been really enjoying Ministry of the Vinterior pinot noir lately. Highly recommended - got a case for $240 at Arthurs in charlotte.

Will see if I can check it out.

I'm more of a Cab than Pinot guy, but my go-to Pinot is B.R. Cohn silver label, which I can find for $20

B.R. Cohn has a beautiful vineyard in Sonoma; they grow olives as well and sell the Olive oil. They also have a fantastic Malbec at around a $40 price point. If you are going to Sonoma that place is worth a visit.

prob going in May, so I shall pencil that in. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back