Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031

Thread: Wine

note that i don't even remember that joke, just that rj was boycotting welch's maybe for some reason?

Dickie Hemric
    I bought a bunch of wine from total wine many moons ago for my wedding, the two that stood out as halfway decent at great prices were the 337 Cab and the sparkler called Rondel. Total wine is great for beer and alcohol, but I struggle finding good wines outside of the ones I already know because everything is listed as someone favorite and apparently my palette is not aligned with any of the people at Total Wine in Alpharetta.

Banhammer'd
    How about looking for other wines that the person who likes your choices likes? Or asking for that person to help you find something?

Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    I bought a bunch of wine from total wine many moons ago for my wedding, the two that stood out as halfway decent at great prices were the 337 Cab and the sparkler called Rondel. Total wine is great for beer and alcohol, but I struggle finding good wines outside of the ones I already know because everything is listed as someone favorite and apparently my palette is not aligned with any of the people at Total Wine in Alpharetta.
    Ha, I have shopped at the Alpharetta TW more than a few times. Did they steer you towards Mascota Vineyards?

They typically stock Ridge Ponzo Zinfandel. (I see it's currently out of stock, but expected in May). Good value for the money - $33 for a nice bold, smooth Zin. Now instead of the folks at TW I'm the one trying to match my palette with yours.

By the way to Diggler - I tried a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo and it was fantastic:

that's such a reliable grape. Love that stuff.

i finished the welch's and moved onto a decent shiraz tonight. better, but still not a wine i'm buying again. 0/2 and both were someone's selection from the staff.