Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine

Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Next time you are opening the cellar - send out an invite, we'll have a Pit wine tasting party. I'll bring the silver oak.
    That is not a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs View Post
    A few nights ago I had the pleasure of doing a small tasting (only about 20 people) with Jacques Lardiere...winemaker at Louis Jadot. How great is it to do a Burgundy tasting with one of the most respected winemakers in the world? He was cool as hell too, when I told him my wife and I are headed to Burgundy this summer he gave me his card and insisted that I call his assistant to set up a personal tour of his winery.
    Picked up a couple of bottles of his 2009 Beauijolais-Villages last night Reasonably priced, good stuff.

Richard Joyce
    Quote Originally Posted by OrigScreaminDemon View Post
    Go ahead and bash me, but I really like this:

The regular Heitz is good and the Martha's Vineyard is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RiskyBusiness View Post
    Picked up a couple of bottles of his 2009 Beauijolais-Villages last night Reasonably priced, good stuff.
    2009 is the best vintage ever for Beaujolais. Many of the crus are excellent.

Had a 2005 Del Dotto Cab Franc last night. Nom!

Had some Duckhorn 2009 Sauvignon Blanc last night that was solid.

I'm certainly not a French wine expert and I don't know any French whatsoever but this was still enjoyable and some of you will probably enjoy it more than me.

http://www.jeux-geographiques.com/je..._pageid88.html

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Wine Enthusiast subscription for $4 per year at Discountmags.com

http://www.discountmags.com/product/...t?a=slickdeals

$4/year (up to 4 years) with code 6935

I've had a couple different vintages of the Prisoner recently. I'm usually not into CA red, but its pretty decent. It's different each year, but it's mostly a Zin/Cab blend.

http://www.orinswift.com/wines/the_prisoner.php

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    I've had a couple different vintages of the Prisoner recently. I'm usually not into CA red, but its pretty decent. It's different each year, but it's mostly a Zin/Cab blend.

http://www.orinswift.com/wines/the_prisoner.php
    I just dwank his 2008 Saldo Zin last night.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Really like Orin Swift wines. Saldo and Prisoner are good, the Papillion is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyONE View Post
    2011 supposed to be a good year in VA
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-winemakers-...bouchon=511,dc
    Same with North Carolina. This weather has been very good for the grapes! Several viniferous vineyards are already harvesting. Muscadine vineyards will begin harvesting in about 3 weeks.

Toured Napa and Sonoma last week. NC wines are just as good.
    -Pro Peanut

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by yodeacsgo View Post
    Toured Napa and Sonoma last week. NC wines are just as good.
    I might sounds like a snob, but I am assuming you went to the wrong places in Cali.

Don't get me wrong, certain vineyards in NC makes some really good wine - but nothing from the east coast really compares to most California wines.

And as a quick off topic note, the vast majority of Pennsylvania wine is absolute garbage.

I've been to Italy and France and tried as much wine as possible. To me, Italian wine is far better than French wine. NC wineries seem to make more Italian style wines than French. Napa/Sonoma make more French wines. That's the main reason NC wines taste better to me. NC wines weren't that good a few years back, but now that the vines have some age on them they are much better.
    -Pro Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by yodeacsgo View Post
    I've been to Italy and France and tried as much wine as possible. To me, Italian wine is far better than French wine. NC wineries seem to make more Italian style wines than French. Napa/Sonoma make more French wines. That's the main reason NC wines taste better to me. NC wines weren't that good a few years back, but now that the vines have some age on them they are much better.
    This has to be a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Marquee Moon View Post
    This has to be a joke
    Nope. I didn't say NC wine was better than Italian or French; just that I like Italian/Italian style better. Napa/Sonoma is too cold to grow Sangiovese which is my favorite. NC has the perfect environment for it. I brought back a case from CA so I must've enjoyed pretty well.
    -Pro Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    Really like Orin Swift wines. Saldo and Prisoner are good, the Papillion is spectacular.
    Are any available from distributors on the east coast or just from Orin Swift?

I drank a 2005 Forman Cab this weekend that was fucking sublime.

There has never been an east coast red wine half as good and it cost only $60.

It's awesome that you love wine yo but you couldn't be further off base.

You have to--have to--be fucking with us.

Have to.