• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wine

Try the Bonarda. It's a very underrated Argentinean grape. Enjoy!

We definitely had some bonarda while we were down there which I enjoyed, but we drank much much more Malbec (there are a few California charbonos (same grape) that I like and see quite a bit at my local shop. We did bring home a 100% petit verdot from Terrazas de los Andes that was amazing. It's rare to see the grape by itself and not part of a blend.

did you contact Pablo about where to eat in BA?

I didn't. By the time I remembered to do it we already had a number of recommendations to sort through. Any more and I would have been overwhelmed, though I appreciate that his would have been from a local. Regardless, we ate very well while we were there.

I've got a bottle of 2008 Cakebread Cab lined up for dinner tonight to go with a big fat steak. What's everyone else drinking?

Anyone familiar with Chateau St Genes Bordeaux? Had a glass the other night and it was amazing!! Can't find it anywhere though just my luck.

I'm so partial to Rioja wines these days. Delicious.

As I said earlier, I tend to look for value in wine purchases. Recently tried a bottle of this: Innovacion, a Tempranillo-Malbec blend from Argentina. Found it at Whole Foods. It's very good and at 10 bucks for a liter bottle, it's a terrific value.

wineofweek-1.jpg

As I said earlier, I tend to look for value in wine purchases. Recently tried a bottle of this: Innovacion, a Tempranillo-Malbec blend from Argentina. Found it at Whole Foods. It's very good and at 10 bucks for a liter bottle, it's a terrific value.

wineofweek-1.jpg

I <3 Malbecs & Tempranillos. I'll have to keep this in mind next time I need a red.

What do people that know anything about wine think about the Demon/Deacon Wake wines?

What do people that know anything about wine think about the Demon/Deacon Wake wines?

I have them because of their name. Decent, but not something that I would pay for if it wasn't Wake, at least not at the price they are.

Yeah I guess I feel the same way. Our bottle of Demon is kind of beat up so I'll probably get one more of each to save the bottles.

Any insight into the 2010 CA pinots? Will it be a let down from a very strong 2009 vintage, or too early to tell? I've got an opportunity to pre-order some Russian River Pinot from my favorite cult winery, and hope it turns out nearly half as good as their 2009 offering.

Not big on CA pinots. Stick with Oregon.

2008 OR Pinot > 2009 CA Pinot? I don't have much experience with OR Pinots outside of a little winery in Eugene called Territorial Vineyards that we have absolutely loved since their 2002 vintage. I've read where 2009 was supposedly 'almost perfect' for Sonoma Pinots....no?

Any insight into the 2010 CA pinots? Will it be a let down from a very strong 2009 vintage, or too early to tell? I've got an opportunity to pre-order some Russian River Pinot from my favorite cult winery, and hope it turns out nearly half as good as their 2009 offering.

Do tell....

There are so many great 2009 red burgs (village, bourgogne) out there right now

this is where i would be focusing

Back