• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wine

A few nights ago I had the pleasure of doing a small tasting (only about 20 people) with Jacques Lardiere...winemaker at Louis Jadot. How great is it to do a Burgundy tasting with one of the most respected winemakers in the world? He was cool as hell too, when I told him my wife and I are headed to Burgundy this summer he gave me his card and insisted that I call his assistant to set up a personal tour of his winery.

Picked up a couple of bottles of his 2009 Beauijolais-Villages last night Reasonably priced, good stuff.

Go ahead and bash me, but I really like this:

900162x.jpg

The regular Heitz is good and the Martha's Vineyard is really good.

Had some Duckhorn 2009 Sauvignon Blanc last night that was solid.

Really like Orin Swift wines. Saldo and Prisoner are good, the Papillion is spectacular.

Toured Napa and Sonoma last week. NC wines are just as good.

Toured Napa and Sonoma last week. NC wines are just as good.

I might sounds like a snob, but I am assuming you went to the wrong places in Cali.

Don't get me wrong, certain vineyards in NC makes some really good wine - but nothing from the east coast really compares to most California wines.

And as a quick off topic note, the vast majority of Pennsylvania wine is absolute garbage.

I've been to Italy and France and tried as much wine as possible. To me, Italian wine is far better than French wine. NC wineries seem to make more Italian style wines than French. Napa/Sonoma make more French wines. That's the main reason NC wines taste better to me. NC wines weren't that good a few years back, but now that the vines have some age on them they are much better.

I've been to Italy and France and tried as much wine as possible. To me, Italian wine is far better than French wine. NC wineries seem to make more Italian style wines than French. Napa/Sonoma make more French wines. That's the main reason NC wines taste better to me. NC wines weren't that good a few years back, but now that the vines have some age on them they are much better.

This has to be a joke

This has to be a joke

Nope. I didn't say NC wine was better than Italian or French; just that I like Italian/Italian style better. Napa/Sonoma is too cold to grow Sangiovese which is my favorite. NC has the perfect environment for it. I brought back a case from CA so I must've enjoyed pretty well.

I drank a 2005 Forman Cab this weekend that was fucking sublime.

There has never been an east coast red wine half as good and it cost only $60.

It's awesome that you love wine yo but you couldn't be further off base.

You have to--have to--be fucking with us.

Have to.

Back