• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TJ Haney to transfer?

Wow! I thought he was a big-time recruit when we got him and he was expected to anchor the line in the future. Wasn't he proactive in trying to recruit others in his class? Wonder what happened.

I know he was injured at the scrimmage on Sat. They were looking at his knee for a while, eventually hobbled off to the locker room. I wonder if there was a significant injury? Or maybe just enough to affect his chances of playing time this year? I assume we would have heard about that, though.

Offered by Wake, Vanderbilt, Marshall, and Old Dominion coming out of HS. Redshirted last year. May have been nice for depth but not overly concerned about the transfer.

I know he was injured at the scrimmage on Sat. They were looking at his knee for a while, eventually hobbled off to the locker room. I wonder if there was a significant injury? Or maybe just enough to affect his chances of playing time this year? I assume we would have heard about that, though.

Would seem pretty "knee-jerk" on his part if he just got injured!! Especially in light of the fact he's been so positive about Wake on twitter, helping tweet guys up on the recruiting trail and just an overall positive advocate of MSD. Perhaps he didn't expect Wake Forest to be so "Work" Forest. It is an adjustment as we all know from experience!

Best of luck to ya TJ wherever you end up!

I'm not sure this theory makes any sense, but what if the sitting out required after a transfer would save a very injured TJ a year of eligibility he'd otherwise lose because he'd already taken a redshirt? Like a transfer and required year on the bench would increase his chances of a medical 6th year of eligibility.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/my_take_on_wake/haney-s-gone-but-battles-go-on-at-wake-forest/article_ed45767a-63f4-11e6-81b9-6feb785e9844.html

T.J.Haney, barring a string of injuries in the offensive line, was not going to see the field for Wake this season. And now he's gone.

Haney, a redshirt freshman from Gaffney, S.C., told the coaching staff the last day or two he was leaving the team with plans to continue his career elsewhere. What I'm hearing is he wanted to find the playing time he didn't envision getting anytime soon at Wake.

Seems like a weird statesmen for Dan to make with no quotes from Haney and no suggestion that he attempted to talk to Haney.

So he is going to redshirt two years back to back? Wouldn't he only have 3 years of eligibility at that point? He might as well play this year at Wake if he wants four years of college ball with the way I understand the rules.

Or is he trying to go down a division?

If he can't crack the 2 deep on the worst offensive line in Division I then he'll end up in Division 2 or 3, or whatever they're called now.

Still nothing worse than someone who runs when the competition gets tough.

Back