• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TJ Haney to transfer?

deaconlite

Reaction score
Bleacher Report just said Haney is leaving team and will transfer. Ouch.

Wake Forest FootballVerified account ‏@WakeFB 10m10 minutes ago
Redshirt freshman OL TJ Haney has told coaching staff he is leaving team and plans to transfer.

Always hurts to lose OL depth, was he figuring into the 2 deep?

Good Luck TJ. Next man up. Another open spot for someone who wants to be here. Does this mean no red shirt for Suhreun or Watson?

Wow! I thought he was a big-time recruit when we got him and he was expected to anchor the line in the future. Wasn't he proactive in trying to recruit others in his class? Wonder what happened.

4.0 high school student so I wouldn't think school is a problem. Losing his spot on 2nd team OL? Something's had to have happened since camp started. Don't like losing an OL who we were counting on for depth this season.

So he is going to redshirt two years back to back? Wouldn't he only have 3 years of eligibility at that point? He might as well play this year at Wake if he wants four years of college ball with the way I understand the rules.

Or is he trying to go down a division?

So much for the idea of having a Herron-Hayworth-Harris-Haynes-Haney OL #H5

This is discussed in Dan's latest article.
Didn't think he was going to be playing much anytime soon.
I wish him the best, wherever he goes.

Obviously the coaching staff and Haney knows more but Hayworth and Harris are graduating this year and I believe Haney could slide into Hayworths spot

Obviously the coaching staff and Haney knows more but Hayworth and Harris are graduating this year and I believe Haney could slide into Hayworths spot

Would not be shocked to find out Gilliam and Benzinger were ahead of him in his own class, as well as maybe Osterhage. With 3 OL redshirting this year (most likely), we could end up with Herron-Gilliam-Terry-Haynes-Anderson (or Herron-Gilliam-Anderson-Haynes-Benzinger) next year and still have 2-3 pieces for depth without him.

Rankings are pretty worthless once you have been in program for a year. If he didn't think he could cut it, best of luck to him.

Will Luedeke stay at TE or move back to the OL?

Rfr. 6'4" 320 and can't really Crack 2 deep year 2? Best of luck. We need road graders not marshmallows.

Would not be shocked to find out Gilliam and Benzinger were ahead of him in his own class, as well as maybe Osterhage. With 3 OL redshirting this year (most likely), we could end up with Herron-Gilliam-Terry-Haynes-Anderson (or Herron-Gilliam-Anderson-Haynes-Benzinger) next year and still have 2-3 pieces for depth without him.

Rankings are pretty worthless once you have been in program for a year. If he didn't think he could cut it, best of luck to him.

Completely agree with the possible OL scenarios for next season.

Clawson said last week that Benzinger, Gilliam, Terry and Osterhage would be the reserves this season. Osterhage played multiple positions on Saturday. So I don't see the need to start moving TEs to the OL or pulling redshirts. Seems like last week's plan is still in place.

TJ seemed like a really great kid and I'm sure he will be missed on campus.

Listed at 6-6, 320. I think he could cut it.

yeah, I'm really shook up about having a guy transfer I've never seen play. big loss to the team.

Back