• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
After one of the tennis matches last night, there was a ball toss - everyone was given a small, faux tennis ball to sign their name on and throw onto the court with the intent of making it in one of two trashcans for a sweet prize. One of the winners?

HARAMBE (may his soul rest in peace)

The emcee had no idea it was a joke and kept trying to respell and repronounce the name, much to the crowd's delight.

I was looking forward to coming in and sharing this story on the CT this morning, haha. I had to explain it to my friend. Wonder if that guy got $250 worth of laughs out of the HARAMBE ball?

You can only choose one for the rest of your life: muffins, donuts, bagels, biscuits

biscuit
bagel
donut

muffin

I'm struggling with this question. Muffins are the very easy choice to drop. I think I'm in the biscuit then bagel then donut camp but it's a tough call.

Of those, doughnuts (official spelling as per KK) are the only ones that bring me joy so I'd keep those.

Muffins - I'm still allowed cake right? Muffins are just cake in a muffin tin, so no sacrifice here.
Biscuit - Elite biscuits can also bring joy, but practically speaking, living in New England elite biscuits are few and far between.
Bagels - lol. I've had the best bagels (Montreal, Manhattan) by reputation and all I thought was "this is pretty good for a big clump of bread". If bialys and even baguettes are still available, then I don't feel like I'm missing anything by excluding bagels.

I'm keeping biscuits because Bojangles' Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit is easier to obtain in Charlotte than a good Bacon Egg & Cheese Bagel.

Doughnuts and muffins are just cake.

I eat muffins the most out of that list but you can't really get high-level bagels or biscuits out here. Doughnuts are easiest for me to drop.

I pick scones. I'm probably in the top 1% of American scone consumption.

Biscuits obvi the best.

You can get mediocre croissants, muffins, bagels at any crappy motel or conference continental breakfast.

I'd go bagels. A cinnamon crunch bagel sounds good right now.

Scones are the second worst bread product. Biscotti is clearly the worst, but scones are awful.

Scones are the second worst bread product. Biscotti is clearly the worst, but scones are awful.

+1

And definitely not counting English Muffins as muffins. If those were included it would make the decision tougher as I eat a ton of English Muffins...but I still prefer biscuits, bagels, and donuts (just try not to eat them as often as English Muffins)

Hard ass crostinis suck, too. Went to a restaurant last week and had some amazing foraged mushrooms with cream and parm and they gave me these rock hard crostinis to spread it on. Ended up just eating with a fork. Gotta have a little chew if you're gonna do it.

I'm not the cold hearted bastard the dwarves take me for:

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for being a monthly supporter of The Humane Society of the United States! We have processed your monthly gift, and your donation receipt information appears below.

As a monthly donor, you are investing in our work every day, ensuring that we have the resources we need to help animals at the most critical moments. Because of your ongoing support, we can continue our work to shut down puppy mills, bust animal fighting rings, rescue animals from natural disasters and so much more.

On behalf of the staff and volunteers of The HSUS, we're grateful for your continued generous support of our mission. Stay updated on our work every day by connecting with us online.

Sincerely,

sig_120x40_no_bkg_wayne.gif

Wayne Pacelle
President & CEO
The Humane Society of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back