• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
b3W6yCVSka34Cek4JnIW10lrrqb.jpg

Of those, doughnuts (official spelling as per KK) are the only ones that bring me joy so I'd keep those.

Muffins - I'm still allowed cake right? Muffins are just cake in a muffin tin, so no sacrifice here.
Biscuit - Elite biscuits can also bring joy, but practically speaking, living in New England elite biscuits are few and far between.
Bagels - lol. I've had the best bagels (Montreal, Manhattan) by reputation and all I thought was "this is pretty good for a big clump of bread". If bialys and even baguettes are still available, then I don't feel like I'm missing anything by excluding bagels.

Yeah this is the issue. If it's not specific on region I'm in on biscuits, but if I'm stuck eating New England biscuits I guess I'd rather have a bagel.

There is nothing better than a Parisian croissant

Too bad the frogs can't make coffee for a shit

Unsurprising that you philistines prefer sugar-laden doughnuts to scones. Bad scones are dry and terrible but good ones are irresistible.

Biscuits are my clear choice as they seem to me to be the most versatile, as I can go savory w/ BEC or sweet w/ cinnamon raisin + glaze. Bagels are primarily for Yankees. Donuts are like a dessert. Muffins are for children.

Yeah this is the issue. If it's not specific on region I'm in on biscuits, but if I'm stuck eating New England biscuits I guess I'd rather have a bagel.

Have you had a biscuit at Sweet Cheeks? They're very very good, though overhyped, probably in no small part because whatever the 2nd best biscuit is lags far behind. An article in Forbes proclaimed it "best biscuit in the world", for anyone that happens to look to Forbes for biscuit recs.

I did have a scone in San Francisco at Arizmendi in the Inner Sunset that almost changed my opinion on scones -- almost. And it was gluten free, too. I miss biscuits the most of the things I used to eat pretty regularly. Mmmmmmm, biscuits.

Only southern people would choose a biscuit. I like me some biscuits, but I can't even remember a situation where they've been an option in 10+ years. Bagels all the way.

Manhattan Beach Post has these bacon cheddar biscuits that are ridiculous

And I live a block away from the Bagel Factory. The jews know how to make a bagel.

Have you had a biscuit at Sweet Cheeks? They're very very good, though overhyped, probably in no small part because whatever the 2nd best biscuit is lags far behind. An article in Forbes proclaimed it "best biscuit in the world", for anyone that happens to look to Forbes for biscuit recs.

Yeah I've been there and had them and they're indeed good, but I don't think they're the best in the world. I've had plenty of home-made biscuits that were better.

Sweet Cheeks is delicious. Going to the Sox game tomorrow night, maybe I'll hit it up before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back