• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only southern people would choose a biscuit. I like me some biscuits, but I can't even remember a situation where they've been an option in 10+ years. Bagels all the way.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

But only a great bagel. A shitty bagel ain't worth trifling with

I'd probably go biscuit but porkroll, egg, cheese on a bagel is so damn good.

I don't think I've ever had a legit ass bagel (assuming Panera doesn't qualify). How would you describe the difference?

I just don't see how there is any answer other than biscuit.

Sent from my Motorola Startac using Tapatalk

I've learned a stupid amount of history about the rise of the bagel in America.

I LOVE a good biscuit and if there's a buffet with all 4 options, I would eat the biscuit right then and there... but if I have to only pick one for the rest of time, I would have to go bagel. You can't make biscuits and lox... and I eat a bagel 4 out of 5 days a week for lunch.

No worries on that front. Pros/cons of aeropress & french press? I've read that french press makes a gritty cup.

Pour over/Chemex is best, but since you asked... aeropress pretty much only makes one cup at a time (I've never seen a larger one) but it does make a really smooth cup of coffee. I also like it best for camping. French press: greater quantity, strong coffee, you get a lot of the oils from the beans and I think it can be more flavorful. I've never had an issue with gritty coffee; just don't grind your beans so fine.
Grind your own beans, get a burr grinder.

Biscuit Head here has some damn fine biscuits

Yessir, we also have some great donut places around here, which makes it a tougher choice. But I would choose biscuit just for the amount of times I eat at Biscuit Head.

Owens Bagels in CLT has good bagel sandwiches. I don't like bagel sandwiches, but there's are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back