• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on an english muffin or toast and it's pretty close to being as good or better than bagel. Only thing I can't figure out replacement for is a great lox bagel. Basically comes down to that vs. gravy + biscuits for me. Undecided.

Jesus Christ, can this woman just shut the fuck up, or at least lower her voice, she's killing me. I don't like this job anyway and she has exponentially made it worse the past few months just because of her face and voice. Fuck. /Friday rant. May need to go home and chill out.

Guess we're still talking about breakfast? The best biscuits use lard instead of butter.

You can get Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on an english muffin or toast and it's pretty close to being as good or better than bagel. Only thing I can't figure out replacement for is a great lox bagel. Basically comes down to that vs. gravy + biscuits for me. Undecided.

Lox is a terrorist conspiracy. We must put an end to this madness. Don't let the terrorists win.

Lox is a terrorist conspiracy. We must put an end to this madness. Don't let the terrorists win.

Bro you have great taste otherwise, you need to get over this hatred of smoked salmon. It's fucking delicious. You are no better than plama and his inability to eat pickles.

Bro you have great taste otherwise, you need to get over this hatred of smoked salmon. It's fucking delicious. You are no better than plama and his inability to eat pickles.

Can't do it man. It's the most vile substance on the face of the earth. I literally can't get a bite down.

And lox isn't smoked salmon. It's cured. Regardless, both are vile.

Can't do it man. It's the most vile substance on the face of the earth. I literally can't get a bite down.

And lox isn't smoked salmon. It's cured. Regardless, both are vile.

You're right. I grew up in a fam where we had a lot of Nova Lox I guess, which I think is smoked. When is the last time you tried it? Taste buds change!

You're right. I grew up in a fam where we had a lot of Nova Lox I guess, which I think is smoked. When is the last time you tried it? Taste buds change!

Probs about 2 years ago. I honestly can't think of anything else I won't eat. There are things that I don't love, but nothing I flat out refuse to eat.

Probs about 2 years ago. I honestly can't think of anything else I won't eat. There are things that I don't love, but nothing I flat out refuse to eat.

Yeah. That's why the first time you posted about your lox aversion I was surprised. Always hitting up the foodie spots in DC and eating all sorts of adventurous shit (I assume). What would you do if you were eating a chef's tasting menu and they served something with lox in it?

Yeah. That's why the first time you posted about your lox aversion I was surprised. Always hitting up the foodie spots in DC and eating all sorts of adventurous shit (I assume). What would you do if you were eating a chef's tasting menu and they served something with lox in it?

I was actually just thinking about that. It seems unlikely that it hasn't happened, but I don't recall ever not eating something from a tasting menu, and there's defs been some weird shit.

So i tried Soylent's 2.0 product today for lunch. Tastes tolerable but not good, a little grainy and tasted a little like pulverized oatmeal. Was hungrier than I thought I'd be by 330.

What's the marketing angle for Soylent? Convenience? I just looked at the nutritional info and the macro breakdown wasn't too impressive. 400 cals, 20 g protein, 21 g fat 37 g carb and 3 g fiber. The turkey wrap I make most days has fewer calories but more protein and fiber and is satiating enough.

What's the marketing angle for Soylent? Convenience? I just looked at the nutritional info and the macro breakdown wasn't too impressive. 400 cals, 20 g protein, 21 g fat 37 g carb and 3 g fiber. The turkey wrap I make most days has fewer calories but more protein and fiber and is satiating enough.

I guess convenience? At less than $3/unit it's also pretty inexpensive for a "meal" that you don't have to prepare or think about. I think there's some value in that. I generally end up getting some sort of fast food (subway/chipotle/pizza) for lunch b/c i have few options. I'd rather spend my lunch hour running errands or whatever. Not sure this is tasty enough to supplant real food, though.

Life in 2016 - I switched over to Facebook after my post above and the first "Suggested Post" I see - Soylent, which I hadn't even heard of until just now. To make it even freakier, I Googled Soylent with a different browser than I used for Facebook.

It's been awhile since I've had Bodo's so maybe they've fallen off in more recent years.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say their BEC bagel saved my life more than once after a night at bar review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back