• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, eating a potato bacon and tomato soup from Bristol. This is the tits.

Yeah, lox is pretty meh.

Lazy Friday night ahead. I've got A Few Good Men on tv and a double martini with chorizo stuffed olives in my hand.

Oh shit, the Code Red just went down.

So ... a construction project here in Berlin (about 500m from the flat I'm renting) dug up an unexploded WW2 Soviet bomb. Now the entire area is evacuated and the police are going to try and detonate it in place ... it's right now 1:40am and a couple of thousand people have been collected and moved out. Crazy that's it's been there for more than 70 years.

Yeah just read about that issue. I guess zee Germans are pretty damned good at dealing with these things by now.

Yeah just read about that issue. I guess zee Germans are pretty damned good at dealing with these things by now.

Everyone's so chill. Like "yeah, no problem - I'll just get out of my apartment and hang out at a bar for a bit". Even the Police seem pretty relaxed.

It's been awhile since I've had Bodo's so maybe they've fallen off in more recent years.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say their BEC bagel saved my life more than once after a night at bar review.

What is bodos?

Everyone's so chill. Like "yeah, no problem - I'll just get out of my apartment and hang out at a bar for a bit". Even the Police seem pretty relaxed.

Wait, I saw this on Greys once or twice.

Bodo's is a Charlottesville bagel restaurant. It is (or maybe was) awesome.

The world makes me sad. It's opening night of high school football in Jacksonville and there was a brawl in the crowd. There are pictures of all the players - including the 22 on the field - laying on the grass in case gunfire breaks out.

The world makes me sad. It's opening night of high school football in Jacksonville and there was a brawl in the crowd. There are pictures of all the players - including the 22 on the field - laying on the grass in case gunfire breaks out.

Uh. That is terrible. Extracurricular activities are suppose to be a safe escape from that kind of shit.

In other school news one of my new students is epileptic and have a seizure today during 7th (our final) period. His first one in almost a year. Luckily I had reviewed his paperwork, and sort of knew what to do. He ended up coming through it and being okay, but damn if that doesn't scare you when it is happening. I was sitting there with him on the floor for the last 15 mins of school. Luckily his mom was on the way to pick him up and we got him up and sent him home with her.

I'm still a little shaken from it. He's such a sweet kid. When I was telling him bye outside when he was getting in his car, the last thing he asked was if he had homework. I told him no, because he was working diligently earlier, which he was. The rest of the class had been assigned it because they were screwing around too much and I wasn't able to work them through their entire assignment.

The kid has a seizure and once he comes to the first thing he asks is if he has homework. I'm pretty sure that I will never forget that moment.

Last edited:
The only few times I've been to Charlottesville I've partied VERY serious, and I've ended up at Bodo's all the times, I think, and I don't really remember much about it, to be honest. Maybe that's bad news for the bagels, more likely those experiences have just been smudged and blurred in the bank. I think I remember it doing the job ok for what it was, but maybe not for how long I waited in line? Man, I partied serious in Charlottesville a few times. Dang.

Charlottesville! Good town, bad food.

I've dealt with epilepsy fellas before. Don't get nervous, just make sure they don't hit their head. Gave my buddies wife CPR too probs overkill

Bodos is pretty good. Not dissimilar to Bagel Station or whatever the good bagel shop on Robinhood and peace haven was called. Also, toasted bagels are legit, I don't know what y'all are talking about.

45 minute wait at The Porch at 5:30. WTF? If it wasn't my kid's pick, I wouldn't wait for it.

Sent from my Motorola Startac using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back