• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chupe, you see that brand new circulation desk at the Yale music library? You should send them your cv, bro. Doesn't matter if they're hiring.

Chat Thread Excelsior: Go Deacs! meets #noSAT

Song Song of the south ah sweet potato pie and shut your mouth gone gone with the wind ain't nobody havin that again

At WS Open. Table next to Natty O Hatch. Want me to say something?

There are two other Wake grads that work at my employer on the same floor I am. I can come up with about 4-5 other Wake or Wake Law folks up here in the Burlington, VT area. Speaking of which, Kickball- you around? We should grab a frosty adult beverage before summer ends next week.

Ask him if he still gets boners at his age without a pill.

Sorry, plama, buckets, Strick. LA ain't as cool as NYC. Better wimmenz, though.

Chat Thread Excelsior: Go Deacs! meets #noSAT

As evidenced by moonz conversion (previously devout ATL noob who loved that dump) once he actually visited and witnessed the greatness even though he's not even in the good part yet (dilworth/mp)

Sorry, plama, buckets, Strick. LA ain't as cool as NYC. Better wimmenz, though.
NYC is more fun to visit and more fun for young bucks, I'll give you that

i run into parents of students pretty frequently but not alums.

which hat? wake's hats are usually pretty lame looking

I met a bro at Preakness with a good one. I was bombed so I don't remember if it was WF or the deacon head, but it was pretty good.

Ugh. I just found out that my parents dropped $800 on a cruise bait-and-switch call a month or two ago: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/grand...-bahama-cruise-lines-vsc-staffing-ult-1220672

I feel really bad for them, but on the bright side, it looks like the trip actually exists?

Based on the ppwk they were sent, they had three days to cancel. They say they were told repeatedly that there wasn't going to be a timeshare presentation, but based on my research, it looks like that would be mandatory. Also looks like the "resorts" are Ramadas in Ft Lauderdale and Orlando, and the cruise is apparently an old ship that the company doesn't actually own. (Though, the Grand Lucayan portion of the trip actually looks sort of legit, so there's that.)

I felt like such a fucking dick explaining this all to my mom, but honestly I was more worried that they were just going to be out $800, and I wanted to research it.

Edit: Like, she was so excited telling me all of the stuff that was "included", and I was just like "yeah, mom, and that doesn't raise any red flags?" She also said "it can't be a scam, we asked the guy if it was a scam, and he said no," and "we thought it was legit because we actually paid, usually the scams are free". MOM NO, MOM WUT R U DOIN STAHP

Last edited:
Why go to Grand Lucayan when you can hang out in Rhode Island with your son ?

Also, I'm a little worried because they paid upfront, but apparently they say they can just book the trip anytime with 2 months notice, and no blackout dates. If that company doesn't exist this time next summer, they're probably just fucked, right? I'm thinking maybe I just encourage them to do it this fall or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back