• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the pit in after you carve part of it the first time. It will keep longer.

I just mean when you're waiting for it to ripen. I've never bought avocados except to make a huge dish of guacamole for a party, for immediate consumption. I'd never cut open an avocado and expect it to be acceptable again the next day.

Trump says Mexico is only exporting the rejects and everyone loses their minds.

I just mean when you're waiting for it to ripen. I've never bought avocados except to make a huge dish of guacamole for a party, for immediate consumption. I'd never cut open an avocado and expect it to be acceptable again the next day.

Cover it tightly in plastic wrap with the pit and it will be. Maybe a touch brown on the surface, but fine otherwise!

Avocados are indeed challenging.

It's peach season now, which can also be kind of maddening because I feel like I have to buy peaches from the Farmer's Market and store them in a paper bag like a full week before I want to eat them.

Well now you know how to keep it from rotting. One of these will also help.

avo1.jpg

Well now you know how to keep it from rotting. One of these will also help.

avo1.jpg

I want to point out that though everyone here thinks I'm a total idiot with terrible taste particularly in food, I did already know that tightly wrapping an avocado and leaving the pit in would be the best way to store a cut avo, if I had any interest in doing so. They are not part of my food rotation.

that little cover reminds me of this:

mask.jpg

I'm not a big fan of avocado. I like guacamole but slices of avocado aren't really my thing. I think it's a texture issue.

Chupe, you see that brand new circulation desk at the Yale music library? You should send them your cv, bro. Doesn't matter if they're hiring.

I have not. They have a ton of money. My old bosses are tight with their librarian, though, maybe I can call in a favor.

Looks like it'd be a cool place to work though!

beinecke-music-620x350.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of avocado. I like guacamole but slices of avocado aren't really my thing. I think it's a texture issue.

I feel like this a bit. It's not that I won't eat it, but won't go out of my way for plain avocado. Need that salt, lime, garlic, etc to punch up the flavor.

MMA fighters can drop like 40 pounds in a week, seems like there's a much easier way to drop 5 pounds than having to eat bland oatmeal. Just spend a day in a sauna.

Say you used your nail clippers and cut off the end of one of your fingernails, but there was a little piece still attached so it was just flopping around, how long do you think you could walk around with it like that before it annoyed the ever living shit out of you and consumed your every thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back