• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Excelsior: Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of those things, and my throat started closing up. Peaches, being the quintessential stone fruit, are a big problem. Celery and strawberries are ok. My initial scratch test said that the only thing I was allergic to was carrots (which I am not) and the blood test I then took said I was allergic to peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, apricots, apples, pears and other similar fruits (but not carrots). The doc also asked if I was allergic to green beans because there is a similar protein in them, but so far it doesn't appear that I am. Also, I'm only allergic to them when raw, since the protein that causes the allergy breaks down when cooked. So that's better than nothing.

Yes this is exactly what I have, it's called OAS (oral allergy syndrome). According to my doctor it has to do with cross-pollination of fruits and trees in the area where they grow. I have a really bad birch pollen allergy which leads to almost exactly what you describe.

ha!
actually, one of my roommates has a cat and she's not all bad. it can be nice to have another creature in the house when everyone else is gone. the shitty thing is she's a little escape artist, and especially when loading/unloading the car you have to be really aware of doors being open, even a crack. she's also capable of using her body weight to open the sliding screen door off the kitchen, so unless you're actually in the room you can't just leave it open for the breeze (there's no latch on the screen door).

It was pretty cool. Not sure if you are a VIP like your boy but they had a pretty dece dinner buffet and beer/wine. And greatest of all they had ladies slicing four different Maxie B's cakes. That place is the heat. Natty O approved.

Damn. They [rightfully] went Maxi B's over Dewey's. Respect.

I think what he meant by punishment is that you can go to plain oats/not packaged oats and prepare them in such a way that they're still delicious. No need to eat food that tastes like cardboard.

I've prepared them a different way every day this week to try and fix it. I'm trying.

ha!
actually, one of my roommates has a cat and she's not all bad. it can be nice to have another creature in the house when everyone else is gone. the shitty thing is she's a little escape artist, and especially when loading/unloading the car you have to be really aware of doors being open, even a crack. she's also capable of using her body weight to open the sliding screen door off the kitchen, so unless you're actually in the room you can't just leave it open for the breeze (there's no latch on the screen door).

I miss my kitteh :( It's defs weird to be in the house without him hanging around. And he really didn't have any interest in going outside, so we didn't have to worry about that. He got out once back in like 2002 or 2003 and he immediately went to ground and hid for a day until I was able to find him 20 yards away under the neighbor's house. After that he actively moved away from outside doors when they were opening.

My coworker was eating an overnight oats cup with pumpkin, honey, and cinnamon and it smelled so dang good. Thanks for that link, vad. Gonna try some of those and making a batch on Sunday is sweeeet.

If I have learned anything from Hard Knocks it's that I don't have enough stringer tanks in my life.

Yes this is exactly what I have, it's called OAS (oral allergy syndrome). According to my doctor it has to do with cross-pollination of fruits and trees in the area where they grow. I have a really bad birch pollen allergy which leads to almost exactly what you describe.

I have this too and that's exactly what my doctor said too. Basically, I'm allergic to so many trees and pollens that I react to certain fruits and vegetables. Carrots are the worst but sometimes other random fruits, vegetables, and nuts will irritate me too.

Guys & gals. I have finally found the glory that is coffee. I never drank it until Tuesday when I was falling asleep at 3:00 PM. I said "what the heck, I'll take it even if I don't like it." And I loved it. SO. What's your favorite? What's your go to way of making it? Best electric kettle for heating water up? I'm probably going to pick up an Aeropress soon.

Don't get an aeropress - just get a good pour over kit or French press. There's a reason you don't see the aeropress in coffee shops. Whatever you do, do not fucking get a keurig.

Drink lots of coffees and figure out what you like. I had a subscription to Mistobox for a while and was exposed to some really outstanding coffees and they can help you figure out what types of coffees and roasts you like.

Look for a cupping put on by a coffee shop or roaster. A cupping is a coffee tasting - like a wine tasting - and when put on by the right people can be very educational.

Welcome to adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back