• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

jhmd the great communicator. "Just completely and without qualification agree with my position and THEN we'll start talking about whatever it is you want to talk about".

90% of the time I can ignore his schtick but every now and then I feel the need to point out what a complete trolling bullshit artist he is.

863bb70ebb65fa3354a57c6b9bd13561.jpg

There you go again. You just can't help yourself. I never stated, anywhere on this board or any other, that "systemic racism/police brutality/the third verse of the national anthem causes 75% single parent births, plurality labor participation and epidemic high school drop out rates." But you really need for me to have posted that, so much so that you go ahead and attribute that to me so you can spray that jizz all over this thread.

Kaepernick, nor any of us who listen to black Americans when they talk about being treated differently by police for the color of their skin, are talking about entitlements and single-parent homes right now. By conflating the two, you are blaming the existence of this mistreatment on blacks themselves, and you are patting yourslef on the back for it at the same time.

Right.

Every. Freaking. Thread. Gets so old. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that jhmd can't turn into an argument about single parenthood.

Black man: i am afraid of the police when they pull me over or confront me.

jhmd - get a job and get married before having kids and everything will be fine

Black man: I have a job and I am married with children, but I am still mistreated by police because they can't know that just by looking at me, but they know I am a black man

jhmd: get a job and get married before having kids and everything will be fine

Black man: I did, it still happens to me. Im not talking about economic class, sir. I am talking about cops treating me differently because I am black

jhmd: I'm showing you dignity by disagreeing with you. This means I am not a coddling liberal, I have faith in your abilities.

Black man: Thanks I guess, but the police do not treat me with dignity, they detain me first and ask question later. Or pull their guns on me. Or shoot at me. Did you see the guy that was laying on the ground with his hands up and they still shot him? When asked why, the cop said "I don't know." That freaks me out.

jhmd: 75% single parent births, plurality labor participation and epidemic high school drop out rates were caused by liberal policies.

Black man: ok, but what does that have to do with what I said?

jhmd: im treating you with dignity

he's just fine he doesn't need for you to come to his rescue. He posts his opinions, I post mine. He, unlike a lot of posters, does not take this shit personally and has a respectable sense of humor about it. no worries.

This picture proves Frau 923 can find a picture on the internet. Congrats.

Can he find a post where a left-leaning poster on the Tunnels is unapologetically and without qualification critical of the epidemic of personal irresponsibility in the black community that leads to 75% single parent birth rates, or perhaps....just perhaps...do I have a point?

I'm not trying to be "correct" for its own sake (that got old years ago); how are we helping with round 2,487 of the "yeah, but that raciosm, though" speech? Show me who that helps, and how.

Well...can he?

We are all critical of personal irresponsibility in every community. But this thread isn't about that.

We are all critical of personal irresponsibility in every community. But this thread isn't about that.

2,528,123 posts, as of five minutes ago.

And you can't find me even one that fits my criteria.

Maybe I am on to something...

that wasn't the original deal, you coward

Nothing stirs the anger and aggression quite like insecurity, does it?

ETA: Credit to Strickland, for being able to field a critical input. You guys could learn a lot from him.

Nothing stirs the anger and aggression quite like insecurity, does it?

ETA: Credit to Strickland, for being able to field a critical input. You guys could learn a lot from him.

learn what, how to let you steer a thread about protesting racism into one that blames blacks for racism?

Do you deny that you are blaming bad cop behavior on bad black people behavior? Can you man up to that?

jhmd the great communicator. "Just completely and without qualification agree with my position and THEN we'll start talking about whatever it is you want to talk about".

90% of the time I can ignore his schtick but every now and then I feel the need to point out what a complete trolling bullshit artist he is.

Yea. It's worth it for the 1% of times when he says something insightful.

Back