• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

Yet refuses to address how the best practice to prevent single household parents is abortion. More abortion less single parents simple formula as a real world we live in solution.

Say what now? Look, I'm not anti-abortion, but saying that abortion is the "best" way to prevent single parent households is ridiculous.

Teen birth rates are drastically declining, despite the existence of the social safety net or food stamps or any other arrogant liberal policies. In fact, it was highest before the existence of liberal poverty-fighting policy.

Still has nothing to do with the police brutality the 49ers QB is protesting

Not to mention the small matter of the toxic and poisonous message of "The system hates you, it's out to get you, systemic racism boogie man is coming for you..."

This steady drumbeat is the left's version of empowerment and mentorship? Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Ah. A backwards admission that cops have little or nothing to do with high school graduation, single parenthood, etc. I wonder, what sorts of issues DO cops have direct control over? Could it be, I don't know, their own personal conduct? Their tactics? Their transparency to the neighborhood? Their choice of weaponry? No, perish the thought that we should ask the police to take responsibility for their behavior. Talk about the soft bigotry of low expectations...

I get that you respect cops enough to hold them accountable. Well-documented. It is very clear that you respect them.

I'm wondering if we can expand that circle of respect and accountability just a bit. Just go crazy and expect people---all people---to work, try the best and not self-sabotage. Just watch what the numbers (cf. Numbers) tell us works, and maybe do a little more of that. Ya know, in the off chance that protesting systemic racism or songs doesn't actually work.

Not to mention the small matter of the toxic and poisonous message of "The system hates you, it's out to get you, systemic racism boogie man is coming for you..."

This steady drumbeat is the left's version of empowerment and mentorship? Can't wait to see how that turns out.

I recall the left having a very upbeat and positive convention that celebrated American opportunity and accomplishment and possibility.

But the right had a real doozy of a message about the system.....

I recall the left having a very upbeat and positive convention that celebrated American opportunity and accomplishment and possibility.

But the right had a real doozy of a message about the system.....

Which one featured the mothers of people who were killed by police violence?

I get that you respect cops enough to hold them accountable. Well-documented. It is very clear that you respect them.

I'm wondering if we can expand that circle of respect and accountability just a bit. Just go crazy and expect people---all people---to work, try the best and not self-sabotage. Just watch what the numbers (cf. Numbers) tell us works, and maybe do a little more of that. Ya know, in the off chance that protesting systemic racism or songs doesn't actually work.

Anecdote - I happened to be stopped by the police this morning on my way to daycare and work for speeding. I was respectful and looked him in the eye and thanked him for everything that he and his colleagues do, and I meant it.

Again, who doesn't expect people to work and do their best and not self sabotage?

Which one featured the mothers of people who were killed by police violence?

And cops who supported the message?

Which one told people they needed to arm themselves for protection from immigrants and infidels?

Nonwhite and younger teens have led the way in declining birth rates in recent years. Since the most recent peak in 2007, the birth rate among all teens has dropped by 42%. The declines among Hispanic (50%), Asian or Pacific Islander (48%) and black (44%) teens have outpaced this national average, while the decline among white teens (36%) has been somewhat more modest. Birth rates among younger teens ages 15-17 have also fallen faster – dropping by 50%, compared with a 39% decline among older teens ages 18 and 19.

How can this be? What about all that incentive to have babies? The paycheck from Uncle Sam for another one? help me jhmd, help me.

Anecdote - I happened to be stopped by the police this morning on my way to daycare and work for speeding. I was respectful and looked him in the eye and thanked him for everything that he and his colleagues do, and I meant it.

Again, who doesn't expect people to work and do their best and not self sabotage?

The people who sign policies that subsidize the consequences of not doing so, no questions asked. And are somehow surprised when that backfires.

The people who sign policies that subsidize the consequences of not doing so, no questions asked. And are somehow surprised when that backfires.

There are plenty of questions asked. Take another swing, friend.

If babies are fed who would otherwise be malnourished, has it really backfired?

Do you think that the left's message is trickling down that effectively or do you think that black folks experience this reality vividly and often in everyday life? You seem to suggest that this is a construction of left ideology rather than a material condition/reality. I'm not sure I buy that, if so. There is simply too much literature, qualitative and quantitative in a lot of fields, that suggests that racial disparities in outcomes, incidents, etc. are real and present in a lot of settings.

I thought he said he had faith in black people's abilities and intelligence. If so why would he believe they would fall for lefty boogieman ideological threats?

I thought he said he had faith in black people's abilities and intelligence. If so why would he believe they would fall for lefty boogieman ideological threats?

The cognitive dissonance is strong with that one.

As it is with those posters who insist that "black people have to take responsibility for their own behavior" but also espouse the theory that anyone who talks uppity to a cop is automatically going to be beat up or shot. Apparently the expectation is that police officers can't help themselves and will react like thugs, so the rest of us are responsible for not setting off their hair triggers.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's hard to simultaneously sell the American exceptionalism myth and the OUR FAMILIES ARE BROKEN mantra.

Yeah, it's hard to simultaneously sell the American exceptionalism myth and the OUR FAMILIES ARE BROKEN mantra.

Says the person who refuses to allow a second thought into his head about the causes of poverty and oppression in America.

Back