• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

Protesting isn't going to solve her problems. Sorry about it.

What are her problems, jhmd? all we know about her is the information in her tweet, which only revealed her take on the white reaction to the Kaep protest.

How do you know so much more about her than we do, and how did you surmise what her problems were (if she had any)?

Per the original topic, Kaepernick's kneel-instead-of-sit move pretty much negates any of the anti-military BS, doesn't it? Especially since it was a veteran's idea?

Per the original topic, Kaepernick's kneel-instead-of-sit move pretty much negates any of the anti-military BS, doesn't it? Especially since it was a veteran's idea?

I don't think many people believed he was anti-military, they just believed he was an idiot because he didn't recognize that his chosen form protest was off-target (like most of his passes lately). His change of the form to something that makes more sense confirms his idiocy.

I do think it helps with the message. Does not look disrespectable but still lets him "protest". Still might want to issue an apology about his socks if he wants his message to be taken more seriously.

I don't think many people believed he was anti-military, they just believed he was an idiot because he didn't recognize that his chosen form protest was off-target (like most of his passes lately). His change of the form to something that makes more sense confirms his idiocy.

why are you so butthurt? If I decide to dance the jig on the hood of my car in protest of, say, pollution and it gets people talking about pollution then WGAF the form?

mind-boggling what sets some of you off...

How is it mind boggling that this would set a large number of people off? That is why he did it, right?

It's not mind-boggling. It's sad that it did. Its predictable that it did. It's stupid that it. But it's not mind-boggling.

Only impossibly blind morons and total lemmings would ever try to conflate his protest as having anything whatsoever to do with the military. This is beyond moronic and 1000% brainwashing. He said nothing of the sort. In fact, he went out of his to support the military.

Those who have brought are liars and trying infuse an issue that has nothing to do with what Kaep has done.

This post confirms that the protest is effective.

Kaep to donate 1 million dollars to charities that support his cause. That's a bold move from someone who is not going to be getting a pay check. I bet he is going to regret it in 18 months when his "look at me" self is broke as a joke.

This whole thing seems like Kaep was just having a bad attitude about him being the third string QB and said fuck it I'm not standing with my team because I am pissed. When the media called him out on it he tried to cover his ass by saying it was in protest, and then the whole thing snowballed from there.

ITT we learn that the usual tightie-righties can't stand black people protesting, think protesting itself is futile or stupid, or in some cases blow off a black person's protest as disingenuous.

you guys are on a roll...

Kaep to donate 1 million dollars to charities that support his cause. That's a bold move from someone who is not going to be getting a pay check. I bet he is going to regret it in 18 months when his "look at me" self is broke as a joke.

He's making a lot of money this year.

To paraphrase Pat Ewing, he's also losing a lot of money this year.

Not really. He's not really good at football anymore. His last contract was probably going to be his last contract anyway.

Plus, I'm sure he'll get paid to speak in many a collegiate safe space when his career is over now.

Tbh, I had forgotten about him until his protest. I'll probably never forget his name now.

At the tire place this morning. Only white person here. Ga Tech v BC game is on. National anthem played. Nobody stood up. I was already standing. Patriot.
ce85d1a3c112af5233f8d9739c0321ba.jpg

Note: in ATL.

Back