• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

Did WakeandBake go to Wake? I'm not sure how a guy could get along at Wake if he doesn't like skinny girls who can't dance.

This is from the guy who said Lena Dunham was cute.

giphy.gif

I concede that I was out of sorts for a day and mistook her for a cute chubby girl with talent at first blush. I was way off.

Nevertheless, Kate upton is highly overrated. Big tits do not alone make a woman. Otherwise a plain Jane with zero sex appeal, evidenced by a single gif of her dancing like an uncoordinated middle school dance team alternate.

Colin Kaepernick’s ‘I Know My Rights Camp’ cements his status as a cultural superhero in the black community

For the past two months, behind the scenes, Colin Kaepernick and a small group of his friends have been quietly planning this camp for the kids of Oakland, hoping that it can be a model they replicate in cities all over the country.

"We're here today to fight back and give you all lessons to combat the oppressive issues that our people face on a daily basis. We're here to give you tools to help you succeed,” he said. “We're going to give you knowledge on policing history, what the systems of policing in America were based on, and we're also going to teach you skills to make sure you always make it home safely."

Colin continued, "We want to teach you today about financial literacy, how you can pursue higher education, how you can be physically fit and healthy. We will talk about police brutality, and what to do about it, but we also have lawyers, professors, health and fitness experts, because we want you to be able to live the life of your dreams."

For the next several hours, the kids would attend smaller breakout sessions with leaders and experts challenging them to create powerful new habits for success. Not a single workshop was about sports, but instead they were all about essential life skills that would prepare the kids for a world that often treats people of color with an incredible harshness.

I expect rave reviews from jhmd and BKF for Kaepernick and his 'personal responsibility camps.'

right boys?

As I understand it, this is basically exactly what jhmd was pushing for.

jhmd?

BKF?

We want to teach you today about financial literacy, how you can pursue higher education, how you can be physically fit and healthy. We will talk about police brutality, and what to do about it, but we also have lawyers, professors, health and fitness experts, because we want you to be able to live the life of your dreams."

For the next several hours, the kids would attend smaller breakout sessions with leaders and experts challenging them to create powerful new habits for success. Not a single workshop was about sports, but instead they were all about essential life skills that would prepare the kids for a world that often treats people of color with an incredible harshness.

that's good shit, no? Knowledge is power. Education, health, financial literacy, history of police violence towards minorities so they can avoid it.

I don't see anything in there about turning down their hippity hop music and pulling their pants up.

Also no mention of sending thank you notes to an old dude in Randleman, NC who has done so much for black folks over the years.

Back