• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kinal's record in jeopardy? Dom count 15

Not to mention Duke throwing some picks so 3 and outs may be FGs rather than punts.

Not to mention Duke throwing some picks so 3 and outs may be FGs rather than punts.

that is some extreme wishful thinking. we will be lucky to force a turnover. Under Clawson the last few years, the defense doesn't seem to force turnovers all too often

that is some extreme wishful thinking. we will be lucky to force a turnover. Under Clawson the last few years, the defense doesn't seem to force turnovers all too often

Yea, I see Duke going super conservative. Its early in the season, don't want to show the full playbook so soon.

Dom had a 46 average yesterday. He's a prettttty good punter.

Needs more consistent hang time is the only thing, Duke returner was able to field some punts yesterday with a lot of room to maneuver. He's doing pretty dang good for a true frosh though!

Last edited:
Needs more consistent hang time is the only thing, Duke returner was able to filed some punts yesterday with a lot of room to maneuver. He's doing pretty dang good for a true frosh though!

^ Needs to punt to the called coverage side. Easily fixed. Great win for the Clawson era.

Does anyone know how many games it took Kinal to get to 15? I wonder if Dom is on a faster pace than Kinal early on.

Needs more consistent hang time is the only thing, Duke returner was able to field some punts yesterday with a lot of room to maneuver. He's doing pretty dang good for a true frosh though!

As Tyler said, the primary problem was kicking it to the wrong side.

Update through the Delaware game.

The Dom count took quite a hit Saturday as he was out of action, but we only had to punt once anyway. When's the last time that happened, maybe against FSU a few years ago when we turned it over 6 or 7 times, lol? So, through 3 games, the Dom count remains at 15.

Update through the Delaware game.

The Dom count took quite a hit Saturday as he was out of action, but we only had to punt once anyway. When's the last time that happened, maybe against FSU a few years ago when we turned it over 6 or 7 times, lol? So, through 3 games, the Dom count remains at 15.

If we're looking for a metric to judge our improvement, this is a great one.
In one game we've gone the the most prolific punting team in the country to the team that doesn't need to punt.
Pretty amazing.
We will, of course, need to punt some more this year, but I think we're all pretty confident that Dom will perform well when needed.

If we're looking for a metric to judge our improvement, this is a great one.
In one game we've gone the the most prolific punting team in the country to the team that doesn't need to punt.
Pretty amazing.
We will, of course, need to punt some more this year, but I think we're all pretty confident that Dom will perform well when needed.

It would be interesting to know in fact the last game we only punted once? Weaver only had the one punt Saturday, but he kicked the crap out of it. If it hadn't gone out of bounds it would've been a sixty yarder, it think it was officially 49 yards.

Leg fatigue? Pfft..... won't pass Kinal that way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back