• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

It's one thing to be mediocre or bad. It's another thing to not show progress. The latter is much less forgivable than the former.

That was as bad as any of Grobe's last 3 years or any of Clawson's first two. This is Wake, the expectations are not crazy, but we just mustered 170 yards of offense against Tulane. He needs to win 6 games this year and if he doesn't he should be on the hot seat in 2017.

If we lost last night, I would have fully endorsed firing him on the spot.

Why do you guys always do this. Clawson is here and will be here for a minimum of 7 years.

I am guarantying a win in Durham next week and cant wait to see everyone here eat crow.

wolfpack has more Clawson supportive posts on this board than any Wake fan, I think.

Clawson is a charismatic dude but damn I wish we had Lembo

Clawson is a charismatic dude but damn I wish we had Lembo

Yeah, can't judge a book by it's cover I guess. Dave is a charismatic, sharp looking and dressing guy, but we might should've gone with the guy that looks like a staff accountant at KPMG. Of course Lembo's Ball State team sucked hard last year and are projected to suck hard this year too.

He is certainly not on the hot seat here, ESPN. I don't know where they got their intel, but ESPN should know that the fans' opinions on anything have no bearing on the Premier's decision-making.

He is certainly not on the hot seat here, ESPN. I don't know where they got their intel, but ESPN should know that the fans' opinions on anything have no bearing on the Premier's decision-making.

I didn't look up, but I passed a guy in a suit walking out of the stadium last night, whispering "couldn't be happier" over and over again. I think it could've been Wellman.

If someone were to perform the following steps:

1. Select the 20 biggest college football programs in the country
2. Pull the statistical data from the last decade for each season for each program so you have a sample size of 200 total seasons (20 X 10)
3. Rank that list of 200 seasons and find the worst singular offensive season out of the 200

Welp, what do you know, that offense was coordinated by David Clawson

I do think Clawson is a good program builder and recruiter. And I like the guy. Just don't think he can produce good offensive football. He has a large sample size to look at and '13 Bowling Green looks like a total positive outlier in the data.

No more excuses. The offense hasn't improved at all. We're not "young and weak" anymore, and it looks exactly like the ULM and USU games from '14. The sad fact is that we scored more points in each of those games.

If we had connected on two deep balls and the final was 21-3 would everyone feel better about it? The only difference would be two completed passes. But the scoreboard (especially to those who didn't watch the game) would look more like what we expected.

If we had connected on two deep balls and the final was 21-3 would everyone feel better about it? The only difference would be two completed passes. But the scoreboard (especially to those who didn't watch the game) would look more like what we expected.

Just a little, at least we would've shown the ability to do that, but I agree 2 big plays wouldn't have made up for the crap fest most of the other 53 (we ran 55) plays were.

No.

The difference would be that we would have players who can throw and catch the ball.

If someone were to perform the following steps:

1. Select the 20 biggest college football programs in the country
2. Pull the statistical data from the last decade for each season for each program so you have a sample size of 200 total seasons (20 X 10)
3. Rank that list of 200 seasons and find the worst singular offensive season out of the 200

Welp, what do you know, that offense was coordinated by David Clawson

Boom, and there it is. Posted something about a buddy who is a UT fan/alumnus and was there during those years...he can't stand Clawson. Starting to understand why. Great that he can recruit and look good in a press conference, but our O is just awful.

Despite the mess I'm seeing on the field right now, I still think Clawson can turn this thing around. The biggest problem we have is a lack of talent. Clawson is recruiting well. Let's see if he can develop that talent over the next couple years. He really did inherit a mess.

Back